4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MyGig Lockpick Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Twist
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree that NAV-TV's AllGig unit is very nice and the support from them is excellent. I really enjoy the rear camera, movies while driving (for passengers) & entry of new directions into the navigation while driving (passengers). Good unit from a good company.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 PM
War Horse
All Star

Originally Posted by Secret Agent Man
NavTV sells the AllGig, which does everything the Lockpick advertises except it won't cut out your audio. Its a little more expensive, but they're customer service is phenomenal. I bought a low speed AllGig unit off of craigslist without realizing it was the low speed unit. I needed a high speed for my Jeep. I called AllGig and asked if there was a software flash that could make the low speed unit compatible with my high speed MyGig. They said no, but told me to send it in and they would exchange it for me at no charge. One week later I had my new high speed unit in the mail. I didn't even buy the low speed unit from them. It was bought used. They exchanged it for me for free anyway, even though they could have in their own right told me to go pound sand. Now compare that customer service with Carlos at Coastal Tech... The slightly higher price of the AllGig is WORTH EVERY PENNY in my opinion.
While I've heard of a few people having problems with the AllGig, I've never heard anything but good stuff about their customer service. Of course that's the complete opposite for Carlos and the Lockpick.

After this round of bad stories about the Lockpick, I plan on picking up an AllGig this summer when I get back. I'd held off as long as possible getting anything for the radio I was having so many problems with it in general. But now that Dodge finally replaced the whole head unit, a AllGig is definately on the shopping list. The inability to enter an address by the passenger just drove us nuts and was one of the reasons I'd use my Garmin Nuvi a lot of times on trips just to skip the pain.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:46 AM
GUTTAZRAM

I was all about getting the lockpick until I decided to stay up and do some research. The Allgig seems alot better judging by what everyone is saying. I also found out from the Nitro forums that NAVTV offers a 10% Military discount if you call them and show PROOF. I think I may hold out just a little while longer to see what the verdict is with an overheating issue that someone is having. Problems with ALLGIG USB on 09 Ram
We may just have to request an extension piece when ordering this unit to be on the safe side

Old 03-30-2011, 02:32 AM
dccass
Default Video in motion

With vehicle in park, put DVD in and press 'view video' on the screen. Now press the 'Audio' button on the unit. it will bring up the speaker balance & fade screen. You will still hear your DVD playing. Now put the vehicle in drive then press 'Done' on the screen and your video continues to play while going down the road. I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan with the REN system and this works great without any hacked firmware or hacked update.

Quick Reply: MyGig Lockpick Owners