4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MyGig Lockpick Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
MisterScott
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig Lockpick Owners

Is anyone else having issues with their lockpick. I have the myGig with an iPod adapter and without the RES. The Lockpick causes any disc in the player to run after the input has been changed and/or I turn the truck off and my sound cuts our for brief periods randomly. This is the second lockpick, they replaced the first one after I reported the same issues. Is there an alternative to Lockpick to access the functions while in motion?

Old 04-12-2009, 10:42 PM
ShirtaDay.com
Banned

AllGig is an alternative. I haven't heard as many problems with it, but I don't have either (yet).

Old 04-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

I have a lockpick and no issues. The only thing I can think of to try is make sure the connectors are fully engaged. When I installed mine, I noticed that they didn't 'snap' into place the way the OEM connectors did. Not sure what else it would be. It seems odd that you'd get two bad ones in a row... Do you have the unit set to high speed?

Old 04-13-2009, 01:27 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by MisterScott
Is there an alternative to Lockpick to access the functions while in motion?

I'm surprised that you haven't heard of the ALLGIG-USB from NAV-TV. It's been around longer than Lockpick and new feature updates are always free via USB thumb drive, unlike Lockpick where they make you buy a whole new $300 unit.

Also, NAV-TV is currently offering a 10% discount for military members.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MisterScott
Is anyone else having issues with their lockpick. I have the myGig with an iPod adapter and without the RES. The Lockpick causes any disc in the player to run after the input has been changed and/or I turn the truck off and my sound cuts our for brief periods randomly. This is the second lockpick, they replaced the first one after I reported the same issues. Is there an alternative to Lockpick to access the functions while in motion?
Have you made sure the jumpers on the Lockpick are set correctly? I've had a Lockpick on my REN for quite awhile now with 0 issues.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:27 AM
ScottyB28
Rookie

I have a lockpick and I have the same problems.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:43 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

All the connections are set properly. I just don't think that Lockpick has it engineered quite right. I think I am going to return it and try the Allgig. I am wondering if there is an issue with early 09 Ram MyGig units that don't have the RES. Scotty, do you have the RES? Yes, it is set to high speed. I have been on the phone with lockpick to go over the dip switch settings. Damn frustrating. I have had them on two of my wofe's GM products and they work fine.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

Where do you buy the Allgig from? I looked at the website and I don't see an ordering section.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

I called Navtv and ordered it directly. Shipping it today. Report outs as events warrant.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:58 AM
drober30
Veteran

The NavTV ALLGIG works great for me. I have the newest software on the MyGig of 1.220

Quick Reply: MyGig Lockpick Owners