4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MyGig Lockpick Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:36 AM
GMacGyver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MyGiggity
It only does the DVD while in motion. All you have to do is pop in the disc and wait for about 10-15 minutes for the system to update, and then it works!
Do you have U-Connect on your radio?

Old 07-22-2009, 09:35 AM
finc.jb
Professional

Originally Posted by BubbaRadioNetwork
I couldn't find a link on that site to order one.
That page has been updated now and it appears that you can order the disks again. Still very weary though as we haven't heard from mygiggity again and it seems no one else has bought from that site. Just not sure I wanna throw away 40$ US if it is a scam.

That being said, if there is anyone else in Winnipeg with a REN stereo that wants to go in on a set of disks I be up for that. PM me if your interested.

Last edited by finc.jb; 07-22-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:02 PM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, since you go through Paypal to purchase them, I would think the Paypal buyer protection would cover against scams.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:30 PM
MyGiggity

Originally Posted by GMacGyver
Do you have U-Connect on your radio?
It does work with UConnect!

We also have a video of the MyWay in action being uploaded as I type this. As soon as it's transcoded into the video server it will be posted on the site.

With your order, you will get a tracking number as soon as it ships out, usually within 24 hours.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:54 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

We also have a video of the MyWay in action being uploaded as I type this. As soon as it's transcoded into the video server it will be posted on the site.

With your order, you will get a tracking number as soon as it ships out, usually within 24 hours.
Still no reply to the following comment about your product that I copied from another forum and pasted on here over a month ago?

Nice software update, but everytime there is a MyGIG update it will overwrite this custom software. Having to re-buy the custom software, at $40, everytime there's an update is a waste of money, especially if the update fixes current bugs. No mention of support on the website about this situation and no place to contact the developer on the website either.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:44 PM
jimmygermi

What are the downfalls to the allgig? Why would anyone want to go with the lockpick?

Old 07-26-2009, 10:12 AM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by jimmygermi
What are the downfalls to the allgig? Why would anyone want to go with the lockpick?
Price, it cost more. I've been using mine for a few weeks and have had zero issues.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by finc.jb
That page has been updated now and it appears that you can order the disks again. Still very weary though as we haven't heard from mygiggity again and it seems no one else has bought from that site. Just not sure I wanna throw away 40$ US if it is a scam.

That being said, if there is anyone else in Winnipeg with a REN stereo that wants to go in on a set of disks I be up for that. PM me if your interested.
It's a hacked firmware. As mentioned by TedEbear you won't be able to upgrade to any newer version of the MyGig software without wiping out your unlocked DVD-in-motion. I would be wary of any hacked firmware for it that didn't provide the source code as I would want to see what was changed and if I'm comfortable with that. The Allgig and Lockpick both leave the stock firmware intact and you should be able to upgrade to new firmware versions with either product.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:55 PM
wellstep
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question I installed my Lockpick on my REN this weekend along with a backup camera and video cable for vieo out on my I pod to the video in. I also installed a 5.8" Alpine LCD in the back seat and the issue I am having is if I go to VES I get the video out of my iPod on the REN and audio from speakers but only audio on the Alpine no video. (Alpine has a headphone jack so the rear can have seperate audio) Everything works in DVD mode and get good video anyone else experience this?

Old 08-18-2009, 07:59 PM
GMacGyver

I ordered 18 days ago, no disks yet.....Just how long does it take??????
No Tracking Number, No Disks....Getting pretty close to 24 Hours (24hrs x 18 days = )

Quick Reply: MyGig Lockpick Owners