4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MyGig Lockpick Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 AM
chedachris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I did take it to the dealer with the lockpick installed 1 of the times (I know, prolly stupid now that I am looking back). The other times I have removed it each time. Each time they hooked it up to their computer, they kept saying that they are getting a lot of error codes from the radio and its bad, lol. What model AllGIG did you guys get so that I can purchase the same one. Also, what did you guys do with your old lockpick? sell it on ebay?

With the AllGIG, does it give you the capability to have an aftermarket backup cam and aux inputs? I have my ipod touch wired in so it plays the videos and music.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:33 AM
RBRK
Rookie

Yes, sold it on E bay. Yes, it works the same if you use the A/V harness. I am using my iPod also for video. It will work for the camera also, but you need to wire it a little differently. They suggest using a relay to trigger the camera on instead of the lockpick will just direct wire to the camera.

There is only one allgig Nav-tv.com

Old 01-20-2010, 11:10 AM
chedachris

Thanks RBRK. I just placed my order today through Susanne from NAV-TV. She is awesome to work with. When you guys bring in your trucks for service / warranty work, do you remove your allgig each time so that your dealer does not find it? or do you just leave it in there?

Old 01-20-2010, 05:51 PM
spoon
Professional

how easy is it to install the allgig? Is it hard to take the RER out of the dash??

Old 01-20-2010, 06:26 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by chedachris
Thanks RBRK. I just placed my order today through Susanne from NAV-TV. She is awesome to work with. When you guys bring in your trucks for service / warranty work, do you remove your allgig each time so that your dealer does not find it? or do you just leave it in there?
I have that question too, cuz I have a Pace Edward tailgate power lock and it has its own wiring you just supply power ground it has relays and you use those blue plastic things (name escapes me) but you snap them on the drivers lock and unlock. Thing is lately we are experiencing a bit of an issue with the keyless not working. I am worried they will blame that on my but it did it a couple times before but like so few that I forgot. Still is really just once in a while, I wonder what the dealer would say.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Dodgeracing07
Default dvd question

so has anyone ordered just the dvd that they say can get the dvd to play while in motion? If anyone has can that dvd be used on another vehicle after its been put onto another one? I have a 08 town and country and 10 dodge ram and wanted to put it on both and would rather not buy 2. just asking if anyone has tried this. Also will this just enable the dvd in motion to be activated and not the nav input? any help would be great

Old 01-20-2010, 07:17 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by stvsherrod
Well, i read somewhere that the REN doesn't come with the UConnect but i guess it does.. i don't have NAV but i have the UConnect. I can't look at it cause i'm in Iraq.. but thanks.
Uconnect is a separate option and is a separate module in the RES and REN . The RER has it all built into the radio except for the gps antenna.

I think lockpick looks easier to hook up but anyway, how long do these cutouts last, I get them with Satellite and I don't have lockpick or anything. When I go under large overpasses the sat goes for a sec or two till I get to the other side.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:50 PM
RBRK
Rookie

I wouldn't worry about taking out the lockpick or allgig unless you were complaining of a stereo related problem. Not too hard to install, depending on if you have buckets or bench seat. The center console has to pop up first before you can remove the bezel for the heater/stereo area. Not really hard at all.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 PM
spoon
Professional

are there instructions anywhere on how to pop the center console and remove the bezel. Just worried that I might damage or scratch if I use a screwdriver to pry it off...

Old 01-20-2010, 08:20 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

I have a question regarding the allgig, My RER is set up with ipod integration cable, and OEM backup, would I have to install the camera through the allgig to get it to come on when I want or does it activate a soft touch button on the screen menu, I would love to add this but I don't want to change my installation that is already there.

Quick Reply: MyGig Lockpick Owners