4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MyGig Lockpick Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:35 PM
stvsherrod
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got alot of "allgig, mygig, lockpick, winnipeg, myway, REN stereo". can someone just tell me what works for a decent price to unlock the DVD while driving... NO, i'm not the one that wants to watch it, my wife is while on road trips. I don't have the NAV system but i have the backup camera and U connect and the hard drive(whatever that's called). i don't know if any of that makes a differance. thanx in advance!

Old 09-10-2009, 01:02 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by stvsherrod
got alot of "allgig, mygig, lockpick, winnipeg, myway, REN stereo". can someone just tell me what works for a decent price to unlock the DVD while driving... NO, i'm not the one that wants to watch it, my wife is while on road trips. I don't have the NAV system but i have the backup camera and U connect and the hard drive(whatever that's called). i don't know if any of that makes a differance. thanx in advance!
Have a look at the bottom right corner of your radio, it will tell you what you have, I suspect it will say REN
I am trying to make sense of who is having problems people with RER or REN or RES radios, or is it radios built in 09 here I thought I got a deal cuz mine is built Feb 09.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:26 AM
stvsherrod
Professional

Well, i read somewhere that the REN doesn't come with the UConnect but i guess it does.. i don't have NAV but i have the UConnect. I can't look at it cause i'm in Iraq.. but thanks.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:15 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

got alot of "allgig, mygig, lockpick, winnipeg, myway, REN stereo". can someone just tell me what works for a decent price to unlock the DVD while driving...
I recommend the ALLGIG-USB by NAV-TV (do a Google search). For one, once you buy it any updates to the module are free via USB interface. There's another product called a Lockpick that you have to buy a whole new unit if you want any later revisions that are introduced. I've been reading that some Lockpick owners are having volume problems recently and are having trouble getting the company to respond to requests for help.

Then there's a software "fix" that will override the DVD in motion lockout for about $40. However, as someone else pointed out, if you ever install any MyGIG updates it will render that software useless and you'll have to purchase a new revision each time it happens. Take your pick.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:15 AM
stvsherrod
Professional

where would i get the software "fix"? that's pretty much all i would want is the DVD to work on the move..

Old 09-15-2009, 10:03 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

where would i get the software "fix"? that's pretty much all i would want is the DVD to work on the move..
Here's the website: MyGIG Myway

Remember, you'll probably have to buy an update each time you upgrade to a new MyGIG application software. The website says they are currently out of stock. I find that hard to believe - there's not much to burning copies of a DVD after someone has created the original software hack. I wonder if they ran into some legal issues.

There supposedly is also a YouTube video of how to do DVD in motion without using any hacks. It will only work with a certain version of the MyGIG software but it involves a combination of buttons and they say it does work.

Last edited by TedEbear; 09-15-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:18 AM
stvsherrod
Professional

i have heard of the "easter egg trick" but don't know where to find the combination of buttons. i can't get on you tube cause my internet is through a military server and they block all that kind of stuff.. if you happen to come across it would you give me a shout and let me know about it.. thanx

Old 01-20-2010, 01:03 AM
chedachris
Default MyGIG RER Audio Update?

I have a 2009 Ram with MYGIG RER and using Lockpick. I also have not heard any response from coastaletech about any fix or update. Secret Agent Man or ScottyB28, have you heard anything on this?

I have had 3 MyGIG radio's replaced out by my dealer thinking that was the issue with the random audio cut out until I read this thread.

Also, ever since I have installed this I have had intermittent door lock problems. For example, If I drive my truck, then get out, lock it with the remote, go into the store and come out shortly after parking, the remote is not responsive. I have to repeatedly hit lock / unlock, then it finally starts working. I have had the dealer reprogram the remotes already and replace the TIP module.

Anyone else out there with a lockpick or not a lockpick having similar issues?

Earlier in this thread, some people asked if anyone has installed an ALLGIG-USB by NAV-TV on a 2009 MyGIG. Has anyone installed one of these on an 09'

I have had my truck for 11 months and have over 20k on it. As you can see I drive a lot and having my audio cut out randomly is very frustrating. Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:14 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by chedachris
I have a 2009 Ram with MYGIG RER and using Lockpick. I also have not heard any response from coastaletech about any fix or update. Secret Agent Man or ScottyB28, have you heard anything on this?

I have had 3 MyGIG radio's replaced out by my dealer thinking that was the issue with the random audio cut out until I read this thread.

Also, ever since I have installed this I have had intermittent door lock problems. For example, If I drive my truck, then get out, lock it with the remote, go into the store and come out shortly after parking, the remote is not responsive. I have to repeatedly hit lock / unlock, then it finally starts working. I have had the dealer reprogram the remotes already and replace the TIP module.

Earlier in this thread, some people asked if anyone has installed an ALLGIG-USB by NAV-TV on a 2009 MyGIG. Has anyone installed one of these on an 09'

I have had my truck for 11 months and have over 20k on it. As you can see I drive a lot and having my audio cut out randomly is very frustrating. Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.
You took it to the dealer with lockpick installed and they didnt find that? They would blame you right away or am I reading this wrong?

Old 01-20-2010, 07:56 AM
RBRK
Rookie

Originally Posted by chedachris

If you want to fix your audio problem you will need to install the allgig. I had the same problem on my 09'. I replaced the lockpick with the allgig and no more problems. The door lock issue is another thing, I don't think that has anything to do with the lockpick/allgig others have that issue and don't have either. I have that issue intermittently.

Quick Reply: MyGig Lockpick Owners