4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MyGig Lockpick Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 PM
chedachris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RBRK
I wouldn't worry about taking out the lockpick or allgig unless you were complaining of a stereo related problem. Not too hard to install, depending on if you have buckets or bench seat. The center console has to pop up first before you can remove the bezel for the heater/stereo area. Not really hard at all.
Thanks, I have the bucket seats. Every time I have to take out the crome trim ring around the center console, it is the biggest pain in the a**. I have plastic moulding trim pry tools and I still have a heck of a time. The first time I took mine out I cracked it. Surprisingly, one of my local dealers (before getting cut) replaced it under the warranty. That stupid trim ring was $60. WOW.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:35 PM
chedachris
Default key fob not working...

Originally Posted by 72combo
I have that question too, cuz I have a Pace Edward tailgate power lock and it has its own wiring you just supply power ground it has relays and you use those blue plastic things (name escapes me) but you snap them on the drivers lock and unlock. Thing is lately we are experiencing a bit of an issue with the keyless not working. I am worried they will blame that on my but it did it a couple times before but like so few that I forgot. Still is really just once in a while, I wonder what the dealer would say.
There is a known issue that several people are having with the key fob not working correctly. Here is the thread for it. Dodge hasn't identified it as an issue yet. One of the later threads talks about bending the battery contacts up slightly. I have done so last night and I will keep everyone posted on if I have any success or not.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen...s-working.html

Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 PM
lasstss
Rookie

Originally Posted by TedEbear
I'm surprised that you haven't heard of the ALLGIG-USB from NAV-TV. It's been around longer than Lockpick and new feature updates are always free via USB thumb drive, unlike Lockpick where they make you buy a whole new $300 unit.

Also, NAV-TV is currently offering a 10% discount for military members.
I have the NAv TV unit. Works great. I had the lockpick and it was a disaster. I had to have the blue tooth replaced as it damaged it on my REN.

Sent a few e mails, they never responded... (JUNK!)

Old 01-20-2010, 09:18 PM
lasstss
Rookie

Originally Posted by chedachris
Thanks, I have the bucket seats. Every time I have to take out the crome trim ring around the center console, it is the biggest pain in the a**. I have plastic moulding trim pry tools and I still have a heck of a time. The first time I took mine out I cracked it. Surprisingly, one of my local dealers (before getting cut) replaced it under the warranty. That stupid trim ring was $60. WOW.
I put white grease on the tabs of the ring. Comes off much easier. Of course you have to nudge it of gently and equally the first time.

Last edited by lasstss; 01-20-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:21 AM
RBRK
Rookie

Originally Posted by rolltidehemi
I have a question regarding the allgig, My RER is set up with ipod integration cable, and OEM backup, would I have to install the camera through the allgig to get it to come on when I want or does it activate a soft touch button on the screen menu, I would love to add this but I don't want to change my installation that is already there.
If you want the backup to work other than in reverse, you will need to wire it differently. If you want it to work the way it does now (only in reverse) you don't have to change anything.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 AM
chedachris
Default lockpick damage RER?

Originally Posted by lasstss
I have the NAv TV unit. Works great. I had the lockpick and it was a disaster. I had to have the blue tooth replaced as it damaged it on my REN.

Sent a few e mails, they never responded... (JUNK!)
I still have my lockpick installed (waiting for my allgig to come in) I was having the audio cut out problem. Do you think that it permanently damaged my RER unit? Should I have it replaced out again before I put the allgig in? I don't want to deal with the hassle of taking everything apart numerous times. Any suggestions?

Old 01-21-2010, 10:29 AM
RBRK
Rookie

No, you won't need the RER replaced just dump the lockpick.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:30 AM
72combo
Champion

That infamous chrome ring seems to be the hardest part of the job of getting to the back on the radio. I made sure he vehicle was nice and warm inside, plastic seems to respond better when warm, and you just pry with a Fid or that plastic / nylon pry tool or the one they use to fix the rubber when installing he old style windows, regardless make your way around it a bit at a time it kinda like taking it off all at once but a bit at a time. Once you master it you won't find it so bad. Besides if you crack it just snap it back on and get the dealer to replace the chrome piece you notice was cracked, should be warrantied. Not nice but have you seen the hourly prices for labour lately, gimme a break over a hundred and hour for half trained techs. I am sure there somewhere are fully trained techs who want to punch me out but really when it takes 2 dealers 14 hours to starscan a unconnect module..seems it was a training process there.Luckily I only had to pay for one hour of it, and that was cuz i installed it myself.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Secret Agent Man
Captain

Originally Posted by chedachris
I still have my lockpick installed (waiting for my allgig to come in) I was having the audio cut out problem. Do you think that it permanently damaged my RER unit? Should I have it replaced out again before I put the allgig in? I don't want to deal with the hassle of taking everything apart numerous times. Any suggestions?
The audio drop out problem is caused by the LockPick interfering with the bus communication between the radio and the truck. There is no damage being done to the radio itself. I had the LockPick and audio drop out issue and once I replaced it with the AllGig and updated to the latest software my audio has been fine. If you don't want to take your truck apart more than once, just wait to take the LockPick out until you have the AllGig in hand. Also make sure you properly install the latest and correct software on the AllGig and test it before you button your truck back up. I accidentally installed the wrong software on mine and didn't test it until my dash was back together. I had to take it apart to reflash the software. Good luck!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:20 AM
ran jr
Veteran

Originally Posted by Secret Agent Man
Also make sure you properly install the latest and correct software on the AllGig and test it before you button your truck back up. I accidentally installed the wrong software on mine and didn't test it until my dash was back together. I had to take it apart to reflash the software.
Leave a USB cable plugged into it and run it into the glovebox. Makes it much easier to do updates and change the settings.

Quick Reply: MyGig Lockpick Owners