4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fiat Walks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:24 AM
John Valdes
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiat Walks?

Newspaper today says the CEO of Fiat will walk away from the deal if the unions do not make more concessions. That leaves 15 days for the deal to be made. Since I doubt the unions will budge:

What do you new owners with warranties think about the collapse of Chrysler? I have the extended warranty on my new truck. How will we be affected and what can we do to ensure our vehicles are warranty protected?

I am very concerned. Thanks John

Old 04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

Ya shoulda got a Tundra...Chrysler LLC is doomed to liquidate...SOON!

Last edited by bountyhunter; 04-16-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:39 AM
WVU Fan
Professional

It's pretty simple. Either the Unions and suppliers give major concessions to Chrysler and still have a job, or they don't which means Chrysler folds and they don't have a job period.

Supposedly the warranties will be backed even if Chrysler folds, but you never know.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:48 AM
John Valdes
Veteran

Yes it's simple. We are screwed and know one on this forum is even discussing this.

Hey Bountyhunter: Whats up with the scoop. Do you race or do you just like ugly? No offense meant. Everyone has their preferences.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:52 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

Scoop?? Johnny V, you talkin bout the twin CAI on my bike? No offense taken...I never race!
Screw Obama/Wall Street/GM/Chrysler/UAW and Fiat.

Last edited by bountyhunter; 04-16-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:08 PM
John Valdes
Veteran

Glad to see you have sense of humor. Dittos on the rest of your post....John

Old 04-16-2009, 12:14 PM
MOPWR2U
Veteran

Warranty will be covered by uncle sam, ... so they say. Unions get what they deserve, if they're too greedy to negotiate for their job they can loose their job altogether, which may be the best thing ever for the auto industry.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
Warranty will be covered by uncle sam, ... so they say. Unions get what they deserve, if they're too greedy to negotiate for their job they can loose their job altogether, which may be the best thing ever for the auto industry.
Amen. That's exactly what needs to happen. Unions are all about bitching an very little about working. I was in one for 8 years. The sooner they are gone the sooner America gets strong again.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:07 PM
utour
Rookie

Originally Posted by mopowar
Amen. That's exactly what needs to happen. Unions are all about bitching an very little about working. I was in one for 8 years. The sooner they are gone the sooner America gets strong again.
AMEN,
It's a fat guy that sucks the life out of the auto industry. I think Chrysler should file for chapter 11 and then first thing first, screw the union all together and get back on their feet. In the meantime, I hope uncle Sam steps up to warranty our trucks.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Tankit
Professional

Hey Bountyhunter: Whats up with the scoop. Do you race or do you just like ugly? No offense meant
Lol just love when people say offensive things then follow it up witn "no offense ment" I say just have the ***** to be offensive!

Oh and to the OP I think the Big guy in the White house said we would be covered if they went under as far as the warranty goes.

Quick Reply: Fiat Walks?