4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Test Drove F-150 & Ram Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you like white or blue or the darker red, then I'd say go two tone. If it's silver or black, then I would go with the single color.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:07 PM
AL68
Rookie

Color is all personal preferance, get the color you like twotone or monotone.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:34 PM
72combo
Champion

Solid Black no chrome....only the wheels and the running boards chrome and the emblems looks the sportiest.

PS Good job on the ram purchase

Old 04-30-2009, 04:36 PM
OneCheekRider

any interior recommendations for the blue two-tone Laramie with Leather seats?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

I would say the two tone tan/brown or bark or whatever it's called. I really like that interior, just didn't go with my color choice.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:15 PM
KeepOnTruckin

I had the same experience with the F150 and Ram 1500. I agonized over which one to buy, decided I couldn't go wrong with either truck, especially with the HUGE discounts available right now. Left it up to my wife. Within two minutes of driving the Ram, she turned to me (I was sitting in the back of the Crew Cab to test the ride) and told me she wanted the Ram.
Dodge sales are down about 50% in April. Should be good deals available. I drove a decent but not spectacular deal. My only regret is not pushing the dealer more for the $4,000 of add-on we wanted which went out the door at full price (back-up camera, hard top over the bed, drop in bed liner and running bars). But I got such a nice discount I really didn't mind having the dealership make a few bucks.
Now all I have to do is sell my '00 Tundra....

Old 05-02-2009, 12:18 AM
Desert Dawg
Professional

Same here. I have been a Ford guy for my last three trucks and was agonizing between the new F150 and new Ram. I don't tow very heavy, so having that capability didn't win any points for me with the Ford. But it really came down to the fact I liked the Ram's overall styling (inside and out), performance (with the Hemi), and features more so than the Ford (which is still a very nice truck).

Once decided, I started agonizing over monotone, two-tone, chrome, or no chrome. The features of the Laramie settled going with the chrome, and once I saw the Inferno Red two tone, with tan interior, I was sold.

Here's mine:

Old 05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
Same here. I have been a Ford guy for my last three trucks and was agonizing between the new F150 and new Ram. I don't tow very heavy, so having that capability didn't win any points for me with the Ford. But it really came down to the fact I liked the Ram's overall styling (inside and out), performance (with the Hemi), and features more so than the Ford (which is still a very nice truck).

Once decided, I started agonizing over monotone, two-tone, chrome, or no chrome. The features of the Laramie settled going with the chrome, and once I saw the Inferno Red two tone, with tan interior, I was sold.

Here's mine:

That's a good looking truck.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Twotone
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Aparently I got a rare combo...so says the dealer..

Crew, Stone white w/ twotone, 3.92's w/ black interior w/ console loaded

only thing missing is the tow hooks and the CAMERA!! (On order lol)

Old 05-15-2009, 05:45 PM
KeepOnTruckin

Rear view cameras appear to be in VERY short supply. My dealer finally found one on the East Coast but had to buy it. Promised arrival is next week. We'll see. Another dealer said to have one but it was "broken" so he couldn't send it. I think I'm lucky to have found one. Dealer will install for payment of my first born child. But at least it'll be under warrantee.

I have followed other threads in which the TV was said to be rather easy to install but since I not mechanically inclined I'll pay.

Quick Reply: Test Drove F-150 & Ram Today