4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Took truck in for some warranty work. They also did some Rapid Response Transmittal??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my truck in yesterday for the recurring check engine light. It had 5 RRT's listed also. I asked the service writer what each one was, he said that it didn't list the issues so he'd have to dig deeper and give me a call later. I never got that call.

Is there a site where you can see enter the code for the RRT's and find out what they are?

Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Thatmarkguy
I took my truck in yesterday for the recurring check engine light. It had 5 RRT's listed also. I asked the service writer what each one was, he said that it didn't list the issues so he'd have to dig deeper and give me a call later. I never got that call.

Is there a site where you can see enter the code for the RRT's and find out what they are?
That would be nice to have.

I don't know that I'd agree to RRT's without knowing what they are for.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

I got my truck back last night and it turns out that there is no remedy for the recurring check engine light. DCX knows there is a problem, yet they don't know how to fix it. I'm being told that there will be a fix in the next 60-90 days.

As far as the RRT's, here goes:

RRT #08-101: Inspect / Replace tailgate molding.

RRT #09-010: Washer fluid level sensor - ???
(I have no idea what they did for this one - check it, replace it?)

RRT #09-018: New software for radio / nav / satellite update.

RRT #09-020: Rear axle vent retaining strap.

RRT #09-023: Reprogram software for park assist.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:42 PM
TheBayouCity
Rookie

Originally Posted by Thatmarkguy
I got my truck back last night and it turns out that there is no remedy for the recurring check engine light. DCX knows there is a problem, yet they don't know how to fix it. I'm being told that there will be a fix in the next 60-90 days.

As far as the RRT's, here goes:

RRT #08-101: Inspect / Replace tailgate molding.

RRT #09-010: Washer fluid level sensor - ???
(I have no idea what they did for this one - check it, replace it?)

RRT #09-018: New software for radio / nav / satellite update.

RRT #09-020: Rear axle vent retaining strap.

RRT #09-023: Reprogram software for park assist.
Thanks! Where did you get the info?

Old 04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
CajunRam
Amateur

most likely on his "receipt" from the service shop. I had planned on listing mine, but i only had that one park assist one for my truck, so i figured someone with more information was going to step up...and i was right

Old 04-29-2009, 05:51 PM
savage_46
Professional

08-101--inspect tailgate cap for warping or loose, replace if needed.
08-100--replace muffler. only factory duals w/ "quiet" muffler. most likely laramies & big horns.
09-004--pcm flash for spark knock 1800-2500 rpm and/or NVH improvements in MDS mode
09-010--washer sensor weepage, replace washer harness w/ overlay & insp wiring and TIPM for wet. clean if necessary
09-011--insp ram box lids for warping, replace if needed (come pre-painted)
09-018--flash RER radio for update (nav, revised VES controls, phonebook DL, & alpha jump search)
09-020--zip tie rear axle vent tube to frame for possible hanging down
09-023--flash park assist module. i think it changes the sensitivity of it, either for good, or only in cold temps. boss thinks it ignores outer sensors when cold.
09-024--lube passenger seat rail or whatever (for creaking)

RECALLS=====
J04---VECI emissions label--replace. about 600 vehicles apply
H39---airbag label--replace (does not have french wording, must have per canadian law, IIRC). applies only for vehicle sold in canada, about 70 total. labels mailed to known owners. owner can go to dealer & have order and install, if requested

Old 04-29-2009, 09:20 PM
TheBayouCity
Rookie

Originally Posted by savage_46
08-101--inspect tailgate cap for warping or loose, replace if needed.
08-100--replace muffler. only factory duals w/ "quiet" muffler. most likely laramies & big horns.
09-004--pcm flash for spark knock 1800-2500 rpm and/or NVH improvements in MDS mode
09-010--washer sensor weepage, replace washer harness w/ overlay & insp wiring and TIPM for wet. clean if necessary
09-011--insp ram box lids for warping, replace if needed (come pre-painted)
09-018--flash RER radio for update (nav, revised VES controls, phonebook DL, & alpha jump search)
09-023--flash park assist module. i think it changes the sensitivity of it, either for good, or only in cold temps. boss thinks it ignores outer sensors when cold.
09-024--lube passenger seat rail or whatever (for creaking)

RECALLS=====
J04---VECI emissions label--replace. about 600 vehicles apply
H39---airbag label--replace (does not have french wording, must have per canadian law, IIRC). applies only for vehicle sold in canada, about 70 total. labels mailed to known owners. owner can go to dealer & have order and install, if requested
Thanks for the info, very useful. If my dealer didn't do all of the RRTs, is that because they didn't apply to my specific VIN or because they just forgot?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:19 PM
cicdude
Rookie

Looks like I'll be getting these done sometime next week, as soon as all parts are in:

09-024--lube passenger seat rail or whatever (for creaking), they are going to do the drivers side too, because it DOES creak.

J04---VECI emissions label--replace.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:29 PM
savage_46
Professional

Originally Posted by TheBayouCity
Thanks for the info, very useful. If my dealer didn't do all of the RRTs, is that because they didn't apply to my specific VIN or because they just forgot?
vehicle doesnt apply or they had to order parts. dealers are required to perform necessary RRT's and recalls on all vehicles that come in, even if the cust doesnt know it applies.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:12 PM
savage_46
Professional

09-029 insp for hood squeak. apply some sort of special tape on hood where body side bumpers contact. released monday 5/4

Quick Reply: Took truck in for some warranty work. They also did some Rapid Response Transmittal??