4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Should you Overpay to get the last RAM

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 11:05 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by utour
bountyhunter please more details on your thoughts about "ordered units won't be built".
When Warren/St. Louis restart, '09 builds may be limited to units currently collecting dust on production lines. Warren will launch 2010's...St. Louis is eliminated.

Last edited by bountyhunter; 05-03-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:10 PM
utour
Rookie

Ok so if I don't cancel my order because it's just a few feet from the factory doors they may be able to finish it before they set the factory on fire?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:13 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

If it's on the line it has a VIN...easy to find out!

Last edited by bountyhunter; 05-03-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:17 PM
utour
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hdcowboy
I would think the ball would be in the buyers hands right now and there ought to be some hellacious deals out there. I really dont think most folks are going to buy a new truck right now knowing Chrysler is in bankruptcy. I have a feeling vehicles are going to be sitting in lots without much selling going on and dealers are soon going to get desperate with low sales. I would say stick to your guns and dont overpay whatever you do, right now the future of Chrysler is not 100% certain and the dealers know that, make it work for you!
Well, this is one of the ways I thought about this. And I agree with all that you've said above. I mean who want to go and buy a truck from a Bankrupt company? And how many people do you think follow all the news to know that Gov guarantees the warranties? Not too many, so on one hand, yes we're in the driver's seat and dealers should feel the pinch and want to give those truck out for cheap.
Now here is the twist. The dealer may think this. "I"m not gonna sell for wholesale price, I only have 3 of those trucks, there is NOTHING going to come on MY lot for the next 2-3 or more months, SOMEBODY is going to by it retail and I'm going to make some money.I mean, people need trucks and they are not being made anymore...
Why I'm saying they may think this way? I Don't know but if that dealer was desperate why they did not agree to give that truck to my dealer when he called and wanted to buy it out wholesale?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:17 PM
utour
Rookie

Originally Posted by bountyhunter
If it's on the line it has a VIN...easy to find out!
I've got the VIN but how would I find out?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:24 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Get dealer to check status.

Last edited by bountyhunter; 05-03-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:25 PM
utour
Rookie

Originally Posted by bountyhunter
Get dealer to check status.
Did that on Saturday, it's the same (F) which is paint. with estimated time of completion for Monday May 4th.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:27 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

No way it'll get built in May!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 AM
72combo
Champion

Call Chrysler customer service tell them the deal and that the other dealer won't release the truck......he doesn't own it, Chrysler does, I got one that way before. In Canada anyway. Especially now a possible unload of a vehicle and a dealer is gonna hold out for top dollar. He is one of those dealers with piles of them I bet.....I got mine out in the country, better service better deals. Sorry but like you know the old saying date a fat chick she will give it too you like it's her last(I hate to use this comparison, it's ignorant but) boyfriend. Not only that for what ever reason when you shop for pickups they have more.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
No. Just wait for your truck and get your deal in writing. I did the same as you. When all hell broke loose last week I went looking. Found 3 possible trucks, of which, in the end, only 1 was in play. Not exactly what I ordered, had a few extras and was missing the rear slider. Anyhow, I called that dealer and worked a deal, but I am not going to take it (it was only 8K off sticker, told them 10, they are going to call me back). Even if they do 10 I made up my mind yesterday I am not going to do it. The clincher was this truck was a early 09 build (been sitting there for a while), I want a late build.

If my truck did not make shipping (I will know Monday) I will wait for the lines to re-start. 1-4 more months means 1-4K more down payment. If they decide not to build it, then I will take my money elsewhere. A Z06 in place of the TA will do just fine.
hell i just found out mine was built in October...wonder why it sat so long. Gotta be the paint. Oh well I have one at least and the only thing it doesn't have that I like is U Connect,

Quick Reply: Should you Overpay to get the last RAM