4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Should you Overpay to get the last RAM

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:51 AM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by utour
Well here is the end to my story. Went to local dealer today who had the exact truck I ordered and mine got stopped along the way. Made a deal with this dealer as good as with my original dealer. So, I'm picking my new truck end of this week. Sweet, I'm pretty happy. Got 100% what I wanted from the truck.

I'll post the pictures once I bring her home.

awesome news, enjoy the hard earned baby

Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 AM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Victory!! Glad to hear it worked out 'utour'. Patience and perseverance paid off! I know you'll love it...just picked mine up this past Saturday after having to wait about 9 months but found EXACTLY what I wanted as well. CONGRATS AGAIN!!

Jason

Well here is the end to my story. Went to local dealer today who had the exact truck I ordered and mine got stopped along the way. Made a deal with this dealer as good as with my original dealer. So, I'm picking my new truck end of this week. Sweet, I'm pretty happy. Got 100% what I wanted from the truck.

I'll post the pictures once I bring her home.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM
utour
Rookie

It was the strangest car purchase ever, almost like in the move. I'm sure you all remember the phrase from Transformers "They say the driver does not pick his car, the car picks a driver, it's a strange bond between the man and machine" I'm sure you'll remember this part, right?
Well, that's about my story with RAM. I was looking into her for a LONG time, then all kinds of issues before I ordered, then factory closed. But all along, there is this, white truck that sits at the dealer around the corner for 5 weeks while I'm waiting on my order. That truck is 100% my specs. I come every week to look at her and she's got 11ml on he, from day 1 to yesterday when I first test drove her.
Ok, yesterday I go to see the truck, it's a a ramp up heigh and all doors closed except for driver's. Ok, they take her down for a test drive and I have a song spinning in my head, "Life is a highway I wanna ride it all night long" I get it, we start a test drive, I turn on the radio and the first thing that come it???? Life is a highway.... From Note 1. Ok that's weird. I go into office and I know what I wan to pay for her and dealer offers me pretty much that amount...
Well you know the ending, it's a mystical bond between a man and machine....

Old 05-06-2009, 11:08 AM
DavidNM
Rookie

utour,

You should marry the truck

Actually we've all been trained by, usually, our fathers to cherish the purchase of a new car. I think that back in the early 1950's scientists discovered a special kind of pheromone made from oil, leather and rubber. When sprayed into a new car - the pheromone bonds to the upholstery. When a human even leans into the car to look the pheromone enters the body through the olfactory sensors in the nose.

From that point on you go nuts wanting to buy a new vehicle. You stop eating, start dreaming about the vehicle, start finding ways to rationalize selling your child on the black market in order to raise the down payment.

I understand the Pheromone will last for approximately six weeks - but normally fades and becomes ineffective about the same time the first payment is due on the vehicle.

Car dealers pay about $20,000 for a 2oz bottle of the spray that contains the pheromone - and most keep their stock in a special safe that is hermetically sealed and cooled to 63 degrees which is optimal for the storage of the pheromone. The cost of the pheromone spray is passed onto the car buyer and appears on the paperwork as "destination charge". The word "destination" is actually Portuguese and means "pheromone".

I believe that AIG currently holds the patent to the formula.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:39 PM
utour
Rookie

Originally Posted by DavidNM
utour,

You should marry the truck

Actually we've all been trained by, usually, our fathers to cherish the purchase of a new car. I think that back in the early 1950's scientists discovered a special kind of pheromone made from oil, leather and rubber. When sprayed into a new car - the pheromone bonds to the upholstery. When a human even leans into the car to look the pheromone enters the body through the olfactory sensors in the nose.

From that point on you go nuts wanting to buy a new vehicle. You stop eating, start dreaming about the vehicle, start finding ways to rationalize selling your child on the black market in order to raise the down payment.

I understand the Pheromone will last for approximately six weeks - but normally fades and becomes ineffective about the same time the first payment is due on the vehicle.

Car dealers pay about $20,000 for a 2oz bottle of the spray that contains the pheromone - and most keep their stock in a special safe that is hermetically sealed and cooled to 63 degrees which is optimal for the storage of the pheromone. The cost of the pheromone spray is passed onto the car buyer and appears on the paperwork as "destination charge". The word "destination" is actually Portuguese and means "pheromone".

I believe that AIG currently holds the patent to the formula.

I think you need help...

Don't tell this story to a doctor though, they make lock you up and throw away the keys.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
DavidNM
Rookie

I think you need help...

Don't tell this story to a doctor though, they make lock you up and throw away the keys.
Actually - my wife IS a doctor - she's the one that told me this theory.

She also has thought I've been nuts for years

Old 05-06-2009, 09:08 PM
HemiRAMV8
Professional

New shoes have the same effect on me. Ever since I was a kid, (and I'm 40 now), I've been excited about new shoes. They fit well, feel good, look good, smell good. Just like a car. Can't keep the smile off my face with a new pair of shoes.

I have a new truck. I keep texting my wife on the hour-long commute to work telling her I love my new truck and have a smile on my face. It's better than shoes, and that's saying something for me

Old 05-07-2009, 04:00 AM
segwyo

If your truck was in 'F' status, it's sitting and won't move until the plants come back up. I'm new here, but I'm the GM for a Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealership. Had to get on because there's lots of interesting stuff flying around this site! If your truck wasn't 'KZT' status at shut down, it's not coming.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:11 AM
segwyo

You guys have to realize that the 2009 Ram is the HOTTEST truck in the past few years. They sell! Now with the plants shut down, inventories will drop in many areas of the country. We are being told that 2009 1500's will be built when things start back up. I can't build up an inventory of the 2009 Ram 1500 because they sell so fast. We've sold them right off the truck as they're being delivered. We're so glad EP pricing is over we can't stand it. You WILL NOT get the same deal as you may have had during the EP program because Chrysler doesn't reimburse us for the loss on each vehicle. Just go buy a truck and support your dealer.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:49 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My dealer has about 40 1500s in stock. Maybe it is because you are in Alaska?

When you add all the stuff up, owner loyalty, dealer discounts, credit union financing discounts 10K is not that far out there.

Quick Reply: Should you Overpay to get the last RAM