4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP What is P1004 code

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 PM
sking
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP What is P1004 code

Have P1004 code please help if you can. I cant find any info

Old 06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give me 20 minutes. How do you know the code?

Old 06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...code-list.html

P1004 ECU Battery Feed & Power Grounds

Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 PM
sking
Veteran

Originally Posted by sarguy01
Give me 20 minutes. How do you know the code?
I went to auto parts store and they pulled it. This may be the problem from my oil change thread. I was driving down the road and the cel came on. Now there is not much HP at all

Old 06-08-2009, 09:27 PM
sking
Veteran

Originally Posted by Pyro
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...code-list.html

P1004 ECU Battery Feed & Power Grounds
Pyro is that the same for 4th gen rams. Please help and thanks.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker

Sorry Pyro, they are not the same.

It sounds like something came loose. If you cannot find it you need to take it to the dealer so they can perform these diagnostics. It should be under warranty.

Let me know if you need other help. I may check again tonight, if not, it will be early in the morning.

P1004-SHORT RUNNER VALVE CONTROL PERFORMANCE

Theory of Operation
The engine performance and power output is enhanced through the use of the “short runner valve” (SRV) system. The SRV system allows the intake charge air to bypass the long intake manifold runners between the intake manifold plenum and the intake manifold interface to the cylinder heads by providing a shorter runner directly between the plenum and the cylinder head interface The SRV position is controlled by a pneumatic/spring actuator and electronic solenoid valve. When the solenoid is not energized (the “rest” position), the SRV is held in the closed position. When the solenoid is energized the SRV is moved and held in its opened position. There is a set of enable conditions including a minimum engine coolant and ambient temperature, SRV enable, and Powertrain Coordinator load enable condition. If any of these conditions are not met, then the SRV valve is de-energized (closed).

• When Monitored: With the engine run time above a calibrated value, battery voltage greater than 10.4 volts, ECT within a specific range, and the Short Runner Valve Assembly (SRV) control active.
  • Set Condition: The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) compares the circuit feedback to a calibrated closed range, between 75% & 85% Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) duty cycle, when the circuit is de-energized or to a calibrated open range, between 35% & 55% PWM duty cycle, when the circuit is energized. If the value is determined to be out of the calibrated range in either the de-energized, greater than 85% duty cycle or less than 75% duty cycle, or energized, greater than 55% duty cycle or less than 35% duty cycle, state for more than a calibrated amount of time, this DTC will set.

Possible Causes

(F344) ASD RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE

(K237) SHORT RUNNER VALVE (SRV) SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND

(K237) SHORT RUNNER VALVE (SRV) SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE

(K238) SHORT RUNNER VALVE (SRV) CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND

(K238) SHORT RUNNER VALVE (SRV) CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE SHORT RUNNER VALVE (SRV) ASSEMBLY

Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 PM
sking
Veteran

Thanks sarguy. I wish I knew what all that said. Truck runs like crap so I guess it will have to be towed in UNLESS someone can tell me what to look for. The code was cleared and is not back yet within 5 miles, but the truck runs bad and has no power.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

They have changed Sarguy? Where did you get the code info for the 4th gen Rams? I'd like to make a sticky for it.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:54 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Pyro
They have changed Sarguy? Where did you get the code info for the 4th gen Rams? I'd like to make a sticky for it.
I have a service manual. There is not a code list that I have found yet. If I do find one, I will give it to you. Otherwise, I will compile one.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris

Originally Posted by sarguy01
I have a service manual. There is not a code list that I have found yet. If I do find one, I will give it to you. Otherwise, I will compile one.
I'll have to snoop around, there's gotta be one. Thanks for keeping your eyes open.

Quick Reply: HELP What is P1004 code