4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My Retrofit Camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 PM
hawk570
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty
questions..

1. i dont have the nav.. but i do have the touch screen hard drive version. so will this camera work with my unit?

2. how does it hook up? are there rca jacks in the back to run it too..

3... umm... anything else we should kww?

thanks.. and nice clean install bud
Contact NAV-TV, I'm pretty sure they have an all-gig for your radio. You can buy direct from them and they offer awesome customer service.
As for the hook up, you need the all-gig and the A/V cables sold ny NAV-TV. The A/V cable plugs into your radio harness giving you the RCA jack needed for the camera. Pretty easy install. The hardest, or should I say, most time consuming part was runnng the RCA and power cable underneath the truck.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 PM
hawk570
Rookie

Originally Posted by Chaosrawn
I didn't know it would do that! My wife wants to watch the movie with the kids (they have ceiling mount DVD with wireless headphones.)
The wife loves being able to watch movies while I drive. Another neat feature is that you can actually turn the camera on anytime you want without having to be in reverse. This is done by pressing the volume **** twice.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Chaosrawn
Professional

That's cool. Does this mean all I need is All-Gig to get the movies to play up front?
What is all-gig? software? a plug-in device?
where do i get this?
sorry for the dumba$$ questions.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:38 AM
Bboyg
Amateur

Did you run an RCA cable for the camera all the way from behind the radio to the tailgate? How long of a cable did you use? Also what did you tap the power wire into?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Smile
Rookie

Originally Posted by Chaosrawn
That's cool. Does this mean all I need is All-Gig to get the movies to play up front?
What is all-gig? software? a plug-in device?
where do i get this?
sorry for the dumba$$ questions.
yes...if you get the allgig or lockpick...this allows you to watch tv in the front and an extra outs for video for future back seat monitors and backup camera and also allows you to enter into the nav while in motion

yes it is plug and play
yes it is software

allgig is from navtv.com

i just one and will be installing it next week. i've done this with other vehicles in the past and it has worked flawlessly and worth every dollar.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Smile
Rookie

did u drill out the hole? if so how did u do it without melting the plastic and it usually gets hot from the drill?

Old 06-26-2009, 09:46 AM
hawk570
Rookie

The all-gig is a device that plugs in between the radio and the harness. You will need about 35FT of cables and the hole can be drilled out, it's on my the plastic on the handle. I used a dremel tool,

Old 06-27-2009, 12:33 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Smile
did u drill out the hole? if so how did u do it without melting the plastic and it usually gets hot from the drill?
slow down the drill speed it's plastic you could probably drill the hole my hand with the drill bit in plastic.If you can drill from inside and put the outside flat part on piece of wood, drill slow and you might have to file some burrs off if you go too fast, or even use a hole saw the exact size you need, that is what I would do.

Quick Reply: My Retrofit Camera