4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dual 10" MTX Thunderform Installed - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:55 PM
crod
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did you like the stock alpine system? my buddy is the one who actually designed it at alpine......

Old 03-26-2010, 11:39 PM
CaliAthlete
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it ok...but I don't like how you have to turn up the volume almost to MAX to hear anyone on the uConnect phone stuff. I have mine set at 30 which is annoying cause my music is only usually at like 18-20, and then all of a sudden "INCOMING CALL FROM _______" hella loud. Needs a seperate equalizer to turn the sub up a little too, the bass is somewhat lacking imo. If the dual 10s fit just fine aftermarket, why not make em stock? Or at least ONE 10"? I hate how factory subs are always minimalistic, like ooooookkkkkk fiiiiiiiiine we'll give you a sub, here's an 8".

Other than that, sounds pretty damn good though =P

Old 03-27-2010, 08:54 AM
crod
All Star

he is a sound engineer or whatever degree that would be called. supposedly that stock alpine is close to "perfect" when you hang all the instruments in the truck etc. you also have to realize that any system in an american car will have its limits due to pricing etc. so from that stand point it can only be so good imho. isnt it only like a $750 option? their is no way you could touch that kind of performance for that price installed anywhere

Old 03-27-2010, 02:34 PM
CaliAthlete
Professional

I paid $1600 for the full navigation upgrade, though I just checked dodge's website and the media center upgrade by itself is only $800. Now I'm wondering why the f*** it's an extra $800 for navigation, and why I paid it...should have just gotten a $300 TomTom... lol.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:35 PM
seigell
Veteran

Originally Posted by Doc Fluty
...now i merged the full range signal of the front dash speakers and front door speakers for my hertz components.
and i swapped out the single 8" for dual 10" RE subs.
everything other than those 2 mods works just as original still... my center channel works and i hear my surrounds on a dvd
Did you do this by tapping in before that awful muddled crossover that sends only the bass to the front door 6x9's ?? Or right off the HU ?? If the former, did you see whether the doors could be restored as full-range by a takeoff from before the crossover ??
I really don't like the center dash speaker being the bulk of the full-spectrum for the front seats.
Thoughts ??

Old 02-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Billy Jack

The problem is probably with the crossover setting a lot of installers dont take the time to set it correctly do to the high volume of installs. I would set 10 in subs a 125 you should pic up low and high bass at that setting. I installed for my son a MTX mono amp and the bass was so hard it felt like a massage chair in his car

Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 AM
RAMULAK
Captain

Removed comment

Last edited by RAMULAK; 02-18-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 PM
brenynotto

I have a similar setup, except a little more spendy and bigger. I have Alpine 6.5 components in front and rear doors, two 3" speakers in the dash, and two 10" rockford subs under the seat. Door speakers are powered by a Apline PDX-F4 amp, subs are powered by a Alpline PDX-M6 amp. The two dash speakers are also powered by a kicker amp. A Rockford Fosgate 3sixty digital sound processor ties it all together very nicley. I made my sub box out of fiberglass and if I new how to post pictures I would.

I did the intall all myself so chances are if you have a question I might be able to help a guy out!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Billy Jack

Originally Posted by RAMULAK
Nothing like giving a little hearing loss to your kid for Christmas eh?
my son is 29 and bought his own system I just installed it for him

Old 02-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Billy Jack
Default Im very old school

I joined this site to learn about cummins diesel trucks, I don't know jack about diesels but did win my fair share of sound offs in Ca. While everyone else was break dancing and rollerskating at Venice beach I was into car stereo systems. I kept this hobby for many years. Its hard to give up your passion! My 3 favorite were Fosgate, Precision Power, Lanzar fiber optics. I preferred ported over sealed but you needed to know how to tune ported boxes. I was the first guy in my area to run a mosfet amps{ mosfet came out in 1979} I was just trying to offer advice here I didn't need the comment made about my son's hearing.

Quick Reply: Dual 10" MTX Thunderform Installed - Pics