4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dual 10" MTX Thunderform Installed - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:00 PM
RAMULAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I apologize for the rash comment. But my warning is the same for anyone installing a sound system in their vehicle. Be careful Hearing damage is more intense inside a vehicle with high levels of bass creating high sound pressures within a confined space. Yeah it is cool. For a while. And then you pay for it with your hearing. Believe me I know. many of my friends have the same tinnitus that I do. I am done with the loud music and spend my money making "Clean" music instead. Once again my comment was unwarranted and I apologize again. The internet makes you blurt out stuff you normally wouldn't. I just want to help stop people making the same harmful mistakes that I made.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Billy Jack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default understood

I was just trying to offer advice on a subject I'm quite familiar with. Your right about the damage from loud music, You know the 2-4000hz range causes the most severe damage which is piercing highs, a lot of my friends have tinnitus which can cause ear ringing from too many tweeters. I am fortunate not to have this problem. I hope your clean music does not have piecing highs. I was glad my son chose sound systems for a hobby instead of street racing which killed my friends daughter who was a passenger and my son's best friend

Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Billy Jack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I dodnt know how to start threads here I,m a newbie

I'm from New Mexico I have a 2003 dodge ram Cummings 3500 SLT its hard to start in the morning it shuts off then it surges. I was told it was the FCA {Mproop} I bought bit from geonos garage but is still waiting for delivery anyone had this problem and has suggestions?

Quick Reply: Dual 10" MTX Thunderform Installed - Pics