4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

NEED HELP dvd not playing!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:11 PM
BISHOPXR8ED
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP dvd not playing!!

Just tried to use the dvd player for the 1st time, put dvd in and i can only hear it not see it. what's up? Please help. Thanks

Old 08-06-2009, 04:40 PM
War Horse
All Star

Which DVD player was it? The one in front or do you have the uConnect Studios with the rear DVD player? If it is the front radio, was the truck in park?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:17 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by War Horse
Which DVD player was it? The one in front or do you have the uConnect Studios with the rear DVD player? If it is the front radio, was the truck in park?

+1 truck needs to be in park and possibly the parking brake in (unsure because i dont have the stock dvd)

Old 08-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

yeah.. you were prolly driving.. park the truck and try again

then thank your government for that piece of legislation...

Old 08-06-2009, 10:38 PM
BIGGS000
Rookie

I think it's a good think you can only watch it in park. Not that I understand why anyone would want to watch a DVD in their dash whether parked or driving. Anyway, I am glad it still plays the audio while you're driving. Then you can pop a good stand-up comedian in there and be able to listen to him/her. No need to watch someone talk really.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 PM
War Horse
All Star

The DVD lock doesn't really bother me, but the restrictions on the Nav while in motion really gets my goat. I can understand that you probably shouldn't be typing in a name while driving, but if you've got a passenger, they should be able to access all the Nav functions. So, it'll be because of the Nav that I eventually get a LockPick.

Oh, and you don't have to have the E Brake on for the DVD, just be in park.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

I don't think anyone (even stupid people) would turn a DVD on while they are driving by themselves ... sooo if a DVD is playing it would be most likely for someone else in the truck

Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 AM
ArcticWolf
Professional

The DVD lock doesn't really bother me, but the restrictions on the Nav while in motion really gets my goat. I can understand that you probably shouldn't be typing in a name while driving, but if you've got a passenger, they should be able to access all the Nav functions. So, it'll be because of the Nav that I eventually get a LockPick.

Oh, and you don't have to have the E Brake on for the DVD, just be in park.

what I also don't like is that you have reach over to press the uconnect phone button, it should be on the driver side, or on the steering wheel.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
War Horse
All Star

Originally Posted by ArcticWolf
what I also don't like is that you have reach over to press the uconnect phone button, it should be on the driver side, or on the steering wheel.
Yea, don't even get me started on the steering wheel controls. Probably the worst designed part of the truck, at least in my opinion.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:49 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional

Yea, don't even get me started on the steering wheel controls. Probably the worst designed part of the truck, at least in my opinion.
Tell me, its one of the first thing I complained to Dodge about. Other than the headlight change procedure ????????

Quick Reply: NEED HELP dvd not playing!!