4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RAMBOX Tonneau Covers Only

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 05:03 PM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wil09RamSport
I guess I willl call next time I have a question 'cause I haven't heard from them yet. Thanx HEMICrew for the info, and I will have to wait for them to fix all the bugs so I can see a pic of it installed.
No problem! They are definitely rediculously slow at responding to e-mails if they respond at all. I definitely wouldn't buy one without seeing pictures of it installed first. I only have until next Friday at the latest to make my decision but I'm probably going to end up buying a Retrax which I had planned on buying before anyway. It sits flush as well...I'll just live with the 10-11" of space the canister will take up.

Jason

Old 11-30-2009, 05:43 PM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default Tonneau Update

I just purchased the Retrax cover for my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4X2 Crew Cab WITH Rambox. It should arrive in 4-5 days and I'll put pics up when I get it. I took advantage of a discount for Cyber Monday. I can't wait to get it and install it!

On another note, those of you wondering about the F1 BAK Flip for the Rambox....they are still having seal issues and are targeting the end of December for a release but they didn't sound too confident when I spoke to them on the phone.

Jason

Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 PM
zevrosenthal

Hi - can you let me know what website/price/part numbers you ordered the retrax from? I have a 2009 Laramie with RamBox and this looks like a great cover. I will probably miss out on the cyber Monday deal but wanted to order anyway.

Thanks

Old 12-01-2009, 08:25 AM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default Retrax Pricing

PM Sent zevrosenthal

Old 12-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Wil09RamSport
Rookie

Originally Posted by HEMICrew
I just purchased the Retrax cover for my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4X2 Crew Cab WITH Rambox. It should arrive in 4-5 days and I'll put pics up when I get it. I took advantage of a discount for Cyber Monday. I can't wait to get it and install it!

On another note, those of you wondering about the F1 BAK Flip for the Rambox....they are still having seal issues and are targeting the end of December for a release but they didn't sound too confident when I spoke to them on the phone.

Jason
Do you have pics of this cover installed? I would like to see it cause now Bakflip say the F1 will not be release until mid Jan.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:59 PM
zevrosenthal

I had my retrax installed last week; it looks great. I enjoyed it for 1 day before we had the NE bilzzard! Will post a photo as soon as I can. Thanks Jason (above) for the info - they were very nice and I got the unit without any problems.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Wil09RamSport
Rookie

HEMICrew, zevrosenthal,

Do you have pics of your Retrax installed? I would like to see how it looks, plus now that you had it for some time, what do you think of it?

Thanks,
Wil

Old 02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
zevrosenthal

Here are 3 photos. Truck is a little dirty as the weather here hasn't been that great the last week but the cover shows well and, so far, works great.

RAMBOX Tonneau Covers Only-image1.jpg

RAMBOX Tonneau Covers Only-image2.jpg

RAMBOX Tonneau Covers Only-image3.jpg

Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Wil09RamSport
Rookie

Originally Posted by zevrosenthal
Here are 3 photos. Truck is a little dirty as the weather here hasn't been that great the last week but the cover shows well and, so far, works great.

Attachment 7296

Attachment 7297

Attachment 7298
Thanks for posting the pics. It looks really good with the cover on. By the way, your truck is super clear compare to my now.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 AM
jmaimin
Former Vendor
Default new BakFlip F1 Rambox is here!

Originally Posted by Wil09RamSport
Well, I was looking around for the Tonneau Cover for my Ram w/ Rambox (I should say still looking) and for my surprise I ran into a Bakflip F1 model #72207RB. Now, I went to the Bakflip website and I didnt see there, so I email them to see if they actually have this item or if it was a typo in the other site.
http://www.tonnocover.com/Folding_Tr...2009A693A.html
Hi Guys,

The new RamBox BakFlip F1 is here and is WORTH THE WAIT! It does everything except wash the dishes.

Check it out: http://www.bakliner.com/bak_flip/ima...ip-ram-box.gif

Julian

Quick Reply: RAMBOX Tonneau Covers Only