4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RAMBOX Tonneau Covers Only

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:29 PM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAMBOX Tonneau Covers Only

I've read through the threads about tonneau covers. This thread aims to speak directly and only to Rambox owners since our bed is unique. I just had the bed Line-Xd this past weekend and it looks great. I was about ready to order and have the Hard Folding MOPAR Tonneau cover installed but I saw somebody's pics on here who had done it and I'm just not liking the 1inch raise over the rails.

I love the G2 Bakflip tonneau with it's low profile that matches the rambox lids but alas they don't make one or have plans to for the Rambox.

Anyone have any options or ones they've used that are HARD Tonneaus? I don't want soft because I don't want some idiot ripping through my tonneau with a knife and I'm not too keen on the electric. Had a Pace Edwards on my Dakota...super expensive and nothing but problems (had to replace the motor, had to replace 4 rubber gaskets 4 separate times...just a big headache).

Any and all help would be appreciated! Come on Bakflip....just make a damn HD cover for the Rambox!

Jason

Old 08-18-2009, 12:18 PM
td_20

I asked bakflip about a cover for the ram box here what they said.

"I am sorry that we do not yet have a BakFlip for your truck. We are working on a solution for the Ram Box. I will put you on our list of interested customers and contact you when we are ready with our model."

Old 08-18-2009, 03:42 PM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default Thanks!

TD -- Great info! How do I get on this "interested customers" list? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 PM
ct1
Default Rambox cover

I know you are not crazy about the Mopar cover but that is the one that I bought and also was concerned about the look. When I took delivery of my truck I thought it looked a little funky but it has grown on me and I am very happy with the quality and ease of folding it up and moving it back to covered positon. It is a hard cover and would take a bit of effort to break into it with the tailgate locked. It is enough to keep the honest people out. Just my 2 cents. Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
td_20

Originally Posted by HEMICrew
TD -- Great info! How do I get on this "interested customers" list? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jason

Go here http://www.bakfliptonneaucover.com/ at the top of the page is contact, send them email telling your interested in bakflip for 2009 Dodge with a ram box.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:23 AM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default Bakflip confused?

I'm starting to wonder about the Bakflip company. So I did what you recommended and here was their response.

"Sorry..we don’t make the BAKFlip for the RamBox option on your truck – and not sure who does. Due to the unique construction of the side rails, we don’t plan on making one for that truck." Mike

What gives??

Jason

Old 08-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Cruzin90
Rookie

How about a RollNLock or a Retrax (both retractable)?

Extang Solid Fold will work.

Last edited by Cruzin90; 08-21-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:46 PM
lowriderman1225
Rookie

does anyone have pics of the mopar rambox bed cover?

Old 08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
oyen24
Professional

I bought the truxedo low pro, and it also stuck up about 1" above the box. I had the place where I bought it call them and send pics of it to them to find out what is going on with it. They had no answear for me. So a friend and I took the rails off my truck and put some washers behind the rail, then put the rail back on along with the rails for the cover. Now it sits flush with the rambox and my tailgate.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Wil09RamSport
Rookie

I would like to see some pics of these covers on the Ram with the Rambox. My truck has the Rambox as well and I have been looking for this cover. So far Extang has it, and I know Mopar has it too even in the local dealer tells me they dont. So please, if you have a cover on your Ram with Rambox post some pics.

Quick Reply: RAMBOX Tonneau Covers Only