4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RAMBOX Tonneau Covers Only

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Shumdit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at creating my own. I have measured the clearance and am looking at hinge and fastener options that would incorporate the bedrails possibly. If I can't work out the hinge, I will just make it 2 or 3 pieces and make it where I can take them off when needed. I already have 2 material choices, so I am going to experiment with them.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Wil09RamSport
Rookie

Well, I was looking around for the Tonneau Cover for my Ram w/ Rambox (I should say still looking) and for my surprise I ran into a Bakflip F1 model #72207RB. Now, I went to the Bakflip website and I didnt see there, so I email them to see if they actually have this item or if it was a typo in the other site.
http://www.tonnocover.com/Folding_Tr...2009A693A.html

Old 11-19-2009, 07:33 AM
Usmc Mopar
Amateur

Let me know what they say, I am very curious!

Old 11-19-2009, 08:22 AM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default Very Interesting

Originally Posted by Wil09RamSport
Well, I was looking around for the Tonneau Cover for my Ram w/ Rambox (I should say still looking) and for my surprise I ran into a Bakflip F1 model #72207RB. Now, I went to the Bakflip website and I didnt see there, so I email them to see if they actually have this item or if it was a typo in the other site.
http://www.tonnocover.com/Folding_Tr...2009A693A.html
Yes, I'm about ready to buy myself since I have to have it before I leave in December for Christmas. Let us know what Bakflip says. That's really interesting. They have it listed for $989.76 with shipping included.

Jason

Old 11-19-2009, 10:38 PM
Wil09RamSport
Rookie

I havent heard from them but its listed in their site now....

http://www.bakflip.com/bak_flip/bak_flip_F1.html

If anybody decide to buy before I do, please post some pics of it installed...

Old 11-20-2009, 11:47 AM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default F! Rambox model not ready!

Reference Post Below

Last edited by HEMICrew; 11-20-2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Double Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:51 AM
HEMICrew
Rookie
Default F1 rambox model not ready!

Originally Posted by Wil09RamSport
I havent heard from them but its listed in their site now....

http://www.bakflip.com/bak_flip/bak_flip_F1.html

If anybody decide to buy before I do, please post some pics of it installed...
FYI -- Calling is the best way to get a hold of them faster. 818-365-9000

I just called BAK Industries directly and they told me that the Rambox version of the F1 isn't ready. When I explained to the guy that it is on their catelog and offered for sale on at least two sites I know of, he explained that he couldn't explain that other than to tell me their engineers were still working on the design.

I then called the website you referenced and they in-fact had it in their system that it was ready to be purchased. Well, I explained to the guy on the phone that I had just talked to BAK Industries and that they informed me that it wasn't ready. He then placed me on hold and called his contact in the company and was told that it was planned for release already, however, in their testing they had an issue with the Rambox version and are still working the design for that model. They have no target date for release of the Rambox version. The site referenced above will be pulling them for sale since they aren't available so don't purchase one since they aren't available!

Keeping everyone informed,
Jason

Old 11-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Cigarthef

I have the Extang, Back Flip, #EXG56420, installs with the cargo tie downs and drop in bed liner from Dodge. Seem weather tight and removed in 2 minutes or less, loosen two wing nuts and lifts off.

I got mine from a local dealer for $799 installed.

Last edited by Cigarthef; 03-21-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:37 AM
usp45compact
Professional

Dude! Not flaming, but what were you hauling that put that much weight on your suspension? I've had my bed nearly completely full of rocks and it didn't look like that. If it was because of the trailer, I'd say you badly need some weight distribution equipment.

Originally Posted by Usmc Mopar
here is the other picture

By bocanegraangel, shot with KODAK DX6440 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2009-09-21

Old 11-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Wil09RamSport
Rookie

Originally Posted by HEMICrew
FYI -- Calling is the best way to get a hold of them faster. 818-365-9000

I just called BAK Industries directly and they told me that the Rambox version of the F1 isn't ready. When I explained to the guy that it is on their catelog and offered for sale on at least two sites I know of, he explained that he couldn't explain that other than to tell me their engineers were still working on the design.

I then called the website you referenced and they in-fact had it in their system that it was ready to be purchased. Well, I explained to the guy on the phone that I had just talked to BAK Industries and that they informed me that it wasn't ready. He then placed me on hold and called his contact in the company and was told that it was planned for release already, however, in their testing they had an issue with the Rambox version and are still working the design for that model. They have no target date for release of the Rambox version. The site referenced above will be pulling them for sale since they aren't available so don't purchase one since they aren't available!

Keeping everyone informed,
Jason
I guess I willl call next time I have a question 'cause I haven't heard from them yet. Thanx HEMICrew for the info, and I will have to wait for them to fix all the bugs so I can see a pic of it installed.

Quick Reply: RAMBOX Tonneau Covers Only