4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake Pedal Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
acmoparguy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my truck in for an oil change and HVAC recall last friday and mentioned the brake pedal issue to them and they told me that if normal brake pressue was applied it didn't make the noise; it was just under light pressure that it made the noise. They said it was just the baffle where the brake pedal rod goes through the firewall and it was just "the nature of the beast". So, they didn't fix it. They said if it got any worse that they could maybe order a new one and install it. They must have tried to spray WD40 up under the dash too because after I got it back, the cab stunk of it. Normally, I don't mind that smell, but not in an enclosed cab!

So, I didn't get any satisfaction out of the dealer. I am just going to live with the noise for a while I guess. We will see if it gets better or worse with the colder weather.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:47 PM
billandlori
Amateur

Man, that's quite a fix! I hope the WD-40 doesn't make the rubber boot swell up to bad.

I would think that a slicone spray would work better.

We just had our oil change light come on again for #2 at 9,000kms. They didn't know anything about the HVAC recall so they were going to do it next time, maybe I'll mention the squeek too.

Bill

Old 10-11-2009, 01:35 AM
72combo
Champion

If you have a noise coming from the rod connected to the brake pedal, I would be very concerned since that rod goes into the brake booster and well clunking noises should not be "part of the beast" if it starts after several thousand miles. Where are you guys going where they say that, oh that's a HEMI thing, I say well this HEMI didn't do it when I bought it so fix it. Customer Service over here in Canada is very good at getting problems solved when the dealer screws you over. In fact I am sure the dealer I bought from would rather i go elsewhere. LOL. There fault they try to charge me hundreds for there time when they told me they could do the job in a half hour no problem just a quick star scan...LOL7 hours at one dealer and 7 at the other. I think the 3 months they lost has affected the training of technicians, seems they are going by the olden days learn by mistake or trial...whichever applies. I have decided that when I need brakes or anything like that I am going to buy lifetime warranty stuff or have it done at a muffler shop whatever, put good parts on and hope I at most pay a small deductible. Same with Battery and whatever else...Oh i got it oil sprayed what a mess under the truck but...lifetime warranty on rust , just gotta spend 80 bucks a year. Can anyone else think of anything that gets replaced...oh ya front end parts. What I don't like is the dealer puts mopar parts back on, I would like Moog or something like that for balljoints and front end parts.

Old 03-18-2021, 11:11 AM
Joseph Lioi

On my is 250 2006 when I press down on brake pedal sounds like a frog is under my foot also when it comes up why?

Old 03-18-2021, 11:47 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Lube the pivot points a bit. Probably take care of it. Some spray white grease, or similar.

Quick Reply: Brake Pedal Noise?