4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Update on Diablo Tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 PM
09RuffRam
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so if you run dual platform will the mac work? ... i dont know how that works really. wish more was compatible cause this is the first time i ever owned a mac and now i wont go back to pc so it would be nice if it can work some how

Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Shumdit
Professional

My understanding is that you can use a mac as long as it has windows installed (using a program like parallels, bootcamp or fusion). It's the software that the diablo programmers need. Of course this only would apply if you have a mac with an intel processor since the older power pc processors can't run windows from what I understand. Now the real question is: Who owns a Mac, but not a PC? I love my Macs, but still have 4 PC's in this house (don't ask why a household of four needs 6 computers).

Old 10-16-2009, 05:07 PM
stvsherrod
Professional

I emailed the Diablo dealer in my town price shopping for a Predator.. To make a long story short, she said that she was in contact with Diablo about it and they said they were having "issues" with it on the 09....? i can't remember reading about any issues on here. everything seems to be working great with those that already have them. Is there anyone having issues or know about any issues with it at all? Thanks

Old 10-16-2009, 05:14 PM
jaf97a

The issue they are having is an "Out of Memory" pop-up that displays when changing the tune in the truck. You can follow Diablo's progress here: http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...wtopic&t=18303

Old 10-16-2009, 05:27 PM
stvsherrod
Professional

guess i need to join another forum now.. thanks for the info..

Old 10-16-2009, 06:58 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jaf97a
The issue they are having is an "Out of Memory" pop-up that displays when changing the tune in the truck. You can follow Diablo's progress here: http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...wtopic&t=18303
I think that is going to be vin specific. I have changed tunes twice and downloaded the factory cal and last tune written with no "out of memory" message. Knock on wood.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:02 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by stvsherrod
guess i need to join another forum now.. thanks for the info..
Call Diablo. They will sell you one. Just tell them you're willing to try what they have now, and wait on the updated crom.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:29 PM
philly3

Is it just me or are the guys at Diablosport sometimes arrogant? I asked a question and the answer was "if you dont' know what that means than you don't need to bother with it". OK..................

Old 10-16-2009, 11:58 PM
HEMI_ROM
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
MACs are great for graphic designers, beyond that, get a PC. That is what the world uses. If you get a MAC and find things are not compatible that is your own fault. There is a reason why there are aisles and aisles of software for PCs and one for MACs at the store.....

Back on topic.
Very well put. PC's are what the world *overwhelmingly* chooses to use. If you use a Mac you really shouldnt be surprised when you run into compatibility issues.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:51 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I am not a 2009 Ram owner, but I am a computer tech, so forgive me for butting in.

Macs are better at anything graphics, not just graphics designers. That means video editing, photo editing, 3D modeling, etc. They can do more in far less time with less hardware, even compared to the new Windows 7 (which is pretty fantastic, I'm using it right now).

That being said, you are correct. If you purchase a Mac, you should realize there may be times you run into compatibility issues. Thats part of the price you pay when you purchase the type of computer that about 15% of the nation uses. I would use exclusively Macs myself, except I enjoy building my own computers, which you can't do with a Mac.

If you have a copy of Windows XP/Vista/7 lying around, its easy to remedy though. Apple's Bootcamp program is included for free on all newer Macs, and it walks you through the dual booting Windows/Mac really nicely.

If you aren't willing to go to a little work to solve that compatibility issue yourself, then pay someone to do it for you. Just make sure you have a good, solid backup of your stuff (Time Machine is a GREAT backup program, use it!).

Quick Reply: Update on Diablo Tune