4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Update on Diablo Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 08:54 AM
hounddogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bet they can see the PCM has been messed with.If a big dollar failure item like engine,trans,diffs they WILL be looking.On the diesels downloads reset some if the info such as key counts.External boxes can't be detected other then connectors fooled with etc.as they change the out going signals.Downloads change the SOFTWARE in the pcm and when put back to stock leave telling footprints..I personally don't like downloads.Never see plug and play boxes on gassers like you do for diesels.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 AM
rjc799
Veteran

Originally Posted by HEMI_ROM

Is it just me or did anyone else notice the asterisks?

"*Idle RPM, Rev Limits and Speed Limits available on 04-08 Models for initial release. 03 through future update. Transmission Shift Points 05-08"

So what exactly WILL it do for the 09s?

Old 09-07-2009, 12:36 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I called them on Friday and they said it should have all the features that the 08 has, but the guy I talked to said that he couldn't say for sure because a storm had come through and his internet was down (??). Anyway, I'm going to try and get some more answers before I buy one.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker

So I just got off the phone with Diablo. I first spoke with tech support. They said that the Predator will do rev and speed limiters, wot spark and fuel, shift points, mds disable, and tire/gear changes. I was then transferred to sales and was told that the software is not completely ready. He said that they were currently finalizing the tunes and that it would be 1-2 weeks before they are ready. He also said that one could be ordered now (part# u7137) and updated via their website when the tunes are finalized.

Edit: I failed to mention that it will also do idle rpms

Last edited by mopowar; 09-08-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:33 AM
drap660
Rookie

???????????????

Old 09-08-2009, 07:38 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I would be interested to see real world MPG changes.

Beyond that the extra HP would not be a huge deal to me, not like I am racing it.

I would do nothing until I confirm the rumors of Dodge can tell if you have "tinkered" with the PCM, even if you put it back before taking it in. I know a person I can ask, will update soon.

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 09-08-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:45 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
I would be interested to see real world MPG changes.

Beyond that the extra HP would not be a huge deal to me, not like I am racing it.

I would not absolutely nothing until I confirm the rumors of Dodge can tell if you have "tinkered" with the PCM, even if you put it back before taking it in. I know a person I can ask, will update soon.
I agree with you. I would like one, but I want mileage out of it. If it ups gas mileage and the change will make the unit pay for itself in a year, then I will buy one.

I would also like it just in case I ever end up at a track, just for fun.

My truck has only seen WOT 2-3 times since I bought it, 12500 miles ago.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM
FL09RamSport
Professional

So the truck is running awesome. I spoke to the guys at Diablo and the guy which is working on my tune has been out sick and there has been some delay. They want me to lend them the truck again this or next week to go over some of the changes they have done since my last visit. He said mostly changes to TM and the transmission.

Today I finally had some time to play with the truck got it on the highway and took it to 120 mph. didn't feel great since it was a bit windy and slowed down. I also took it a empty road and with TM disabled on the dash spun the tires for a good 15 ft. Left some rubber on the road.

I was never able to do this at all.

I played with the Tow Haul and felt the truck had more power and got to 100 mph in no time. I have read mixed reviews of the Tow Haul mode but I felt a difference.

After I get the Diablo I will go to the track and run it a few time with different setting.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:13 PM
daprincipal
Professional
Default 15 foot of spinning

Is this still on the 87 tune? What were you edluding to about the tow haul mode? I have not seen any threads on this.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:50 AM
FL09RamSport
Professional

Yes its the 87 tune.

I read some posts about some drivers getting better 1/4 mile results with the tow haul on. It is supposed to eliminate MDS,overdrive and it will not go in to 5th gear.

Quick Reply: Update on Diablo Tune