4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Update on Diablo Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:17 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Between the two what?

Old 09-02-2009, 01:23 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

On the diesel downloads of anybody's or so I have read it RESETS key count and other items which then are a red flag that a download was used.One guy took his in for something and was told that his truck had a software program for SOUTH AMERICA.The STOCK download that was IN the box he bought was South American.In another words the RETURN TO STOCK was NOT the one that came OUT of HIS TRUCK.Plug in boxes interrupt the signal.MUCH safer and not detectable other then evidence of the connectors being tampered with like a download program.Just never heard of plug in chips for gassers.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I would bet that the key count is not in the rom though. Otherwise, there would have to be some device in there to flash the PCM every time you turned the truck on. I also would bet that the key count is reset when the pcm is reset, i.e. disconnecting the battery. Like I've said before; You may have to fight with them a bit, but I think that they would be hard pressed to PROVE you used an aftermarket tuner in the case that a warranty issue should arise. They make in-line chips (jet) for gassers but they are worthless.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:40 PM
FL09RamSport
Professional

OK got my truck back and damn what a difference. It has the 87 octane tune in it right now. they still need to work on the high octane tune.

Now its been raining here and I stabbed it off the line and the wheels spun like mad, I started moving then second kicked in and started spinning again. Had to let off the gas at this point.

On the highway the throtle was very responsive. Crusing at 80 I stomped on the gas and was at 100 in no time.
Feels good, ****s nice, definatly a difference in power and torque.

Now whats next. He said he needs to work the tune a little more. He said off the line still feel slugish and I agree you start to feel the power over 2500 rpms. He needs to tune for higher octane and wants to check different trucks to see if there is anything different between them.

According the engineers there are 15,000 pages of setting and commands that he needs to go through to see what if anything he has missed. He claims there is a big difference between 08 and 09s in the PCM.
They will probably release what they have and update it as new things are found since its a simple internet download.

As soon as it drys up around here I can tell you more.

Nice so far.

Oh and there were no codes showing after the flash.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:46 PM
drap660
Rookie

Hey I live in pembroke pines aswell. Who tuned your truck?

Old 09-02-2009, 03:49 PM
FL09RamSport
Professional

I took it to Diablo directly as a beta for the new 09 tuners.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:50 PM
drap660
Rookie

They are local? Let me know bro, they can use mine to test aswell if they throw in a tuner

Old 09-02-2009, 03:54 PM
FL09RamSport
Professional

They are in Del Ray Bch. I will ask them and PM you back with contact info.

What truck to you have?

Where in Pines are you? I'm out west in Chapel Trail.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:49 PM
ran jr
Veteran

Did you get to take the tuner with you or did they just flash it and let you go? I'd like to see some 1/4 mile runs on the same truck, one with stock tune and one with diablo tune back to back. You up for that?

Old 09-02-2009, 06:26 PM
FL09RamSport
Professional

I don't have the tuner yet. They will give it to me in a week or so when they have the high octane tune done. I am supposed to speak with them in the next couple of day and let him know how I like the tune and if there is anything he should change.

I have a new track a few miles from my house which I will definitely go to very soon. But I do agree about seeing the difference with and without the tune.

Quick Reply: Update on Diablo Tune