4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo review

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:58 PM
War Horse
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking about getting a Diablo, but have one question. If Diablo comes out with updates to the tune, do you get those for free?

Old 10-14-2009, 03:36 PM
daprincipal
Professional

Yes, and they are very easy to load. Very user friendly!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:58 PM
daprincipal
Professional

Going back to the ethical question. Point taken that I am adding items that could void warranty but I also agree that they are not true to their advertising. There is a billboard by my house that mentions something about the new Ram swallowing a sportscar. PLEASE!!!! Only if the sportscar had Torque Management that makes it bog down and then lauch. So yes it is unethical but I feel much better about doing this to Chrysler than doing it to some small business charging $75 a tune.
One more thing: How unethical is it that Chrysler is so irresponsible that we are all part owners anyway. SO truly I am only being dishonest to myself since I think my tax dollars helped bail them out so they could take our money and then shut down plants in the United States and keep factories open in Mexico and Canada. No offense to anyone from these two countries but if we are using our tax dollars to support Chrysler they should have had a moral and ethical obligation to take care of their American workers first. In the end it is still unethical for me to do this but I will have no problem sleeping. Besides the more stuff I break the more mechanics I am keeping employed at my local dealer. ha ha

Old 10-14-2009, 05:17 PM
kasjun

So yes it is unethical but I feel much better about doing this to Chrysler than doing it to some small business charging $75 a tune.

How can you feel better about doing this to Chrysler? Chrysler is on the ropes now. How much more do you think they can endure?
I know if I were in Chryslers boots there would be no "lifetime warranty". The 2010 models are 5year and 100,000 miles and I think that is more than fair. I'd say if it went 100,000 miles it was pretty well built and that they did their part in building a good product.
kasjun

Last edited by kasjun; 10-14-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:35 PM
stvsherrod
Professional

what's the best price anyone has found on the predator? i found it for $299 plus $10 shipping to Okla.. part # U7137
how do you update the tuner? is there a cable you have to have?

Last edited by stvsherrod; 10-14-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:33 PM
kddsRam
Veteran

Nice thread mopowar, thanks for the write ups here.

Gonna order the Predator, don't care for all the Trinity stuff, just want to run the 93 octane tune. About TM, both my F150's were dyno tuned and had TM removed, they both had wicked drive line clunks after about 6-12 months of me beating on them off the line and daily WOT 1-2 shifts. It would bang gears real good and I could not stay off it but damn it was fun. Good to know we are starting to have decent canned and custom tune options here, that's about the only thing I have missed with my switch to the 'Dodge' side..

Last edited by kddsRam; 10-14-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Diablo review