4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP Clunk Front Drive Line or Drive Line

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011 | 09:30 AM
wellstep
|
Professional
Default HELP Clunk Front Drive Line or Drive Line

So I just dropped the truck off at the delaer for a bad clunking sound that souds like something in the front drive line (Axle Maybe) or the drive train itself. You can't hear it at over 40MPH but when you slow down it gets worse and it is definatly related to the speed of the wheel or the driveline. Anyone have any ideas so when they call me I have some talking points. Kind of sucks because I had just dropped of my 2006 Magnum for a steering issue last night so know I have no transportation.

Old 07-28-2011 | 05:57 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator

When does it do it, When turning, braking, in 2wd or 4wd?

Old 07-28-2011 | 09:06 PM
wellstep
|
Professional

Got it back was right CV Axle for the 4WD but I have lost my patience with the dealer. I have both my truck there and Magnum today whihc needs a Steering Rack. Stabilizer Bushings and Links, Tie Rods, and a Blower Motor. Any way I leave the dealer and notice that my back seat is up and the storage is open with stuff taken out so I just think they must have been looking for the wheel lock. Anyway get home and I am whiping down the truck and see that my bug deflector has a piece of my duct tape from under the seat across it and under the hood and it is cracked. So I go back to the dealer and they tell me that they thought maybe that was the sound during a test drive so they stopped and went through my truck to look for something to tape it down Told them that was unaceptable to go through my tools looking for something to use and then use duct tape on a painted surface and leave it there without telling me. So I love Dodge but I may never buy one again because of there level of service this is the second dealer I have been working with.

Old 07-28-2011 | 09:43 PM
1954Radio
Captain

That's as bad as the story on here where the dealer used the guys truck to go pick up his new bed liner from get this...a parts store, lol!

Old 07-29-2011 | 09:50 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator

I would be calling Chrysler about that. That's just wrong!!

Old 07-29-2011 | 10:33 PM
wellstep
|
Professional

Well they are now trying to do everything to make me happy but I am really pretty aggravated about this one and there was another issue with my steps that I had last year I have not contacted Chrysler yet but I am going to this week if I don't hear from the dealer it amazes me that I went through this yesterday with my truck and then I pick up my magnum whichnthey did discount the repair on and one of the parts they needed won't be in till next week so I took the car home today. The part is a blower motor that the bearing was going bad on because I was told that the drain got plugged and water must have backed up but the floor was never wet so who knows. I was told that I should check the drain in the firewall every know and then. Well the drain is not even in the firewall it is in the tunnel above the transmission and driveshaft union so who knows if they cleaned it out. Anyway left the lot with everything off and the windows down to make sure the noises were gone. I then was a little warm so go to turn the AC on no motor at all know so I am wondering did they take it out but no they just never reconnected the wire harness. I have no idea what h happened to customer service I used to be a general manager for a boat builder and we sold factory direct I never treated our customers it seems people do today.

Old 07-29-2011 | 11:51 PM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by wellstep
Well they are now trying to do everything to make me happy but I am really pretty aggravated about this one and there was another issue with my steps that I had last year I have not contacted Chrysler yet but I am going to this week if I don't hear from the dealer it amazes me that I went through this yesterday with my truck and then I pick up my magnum whichnthey did discount the repair on and one of the parts they needed won't be in till next week so I took the car home today. The part is a blower motor that the bearing was going bad on because I was told that the drain got plugged and water must have backed up but the floor was never wet so who knows. I was told that I should check the drain in the firewall every know and then. Well the drain is not even in the firewall it is in the tunnel above the transmission and driveshaft union so who knows if they cleaned it out. Anyway left the lot with everything off and the windows down to make sure the noises were gone. I then was a little warm so go to turn the AC on no motor at all know so I am wondering did they take it out but no they just never reconnected the wire harness. I have no idea what h happened to customer service I used to be a general manager for a boat builder and we sold factory direct I never treated our customers it seems people do today.
If you love your RAM truck, then fix it. (same goes for your magnum) I would definatley find another dealership for sure though. Sounds like a typical dealership you`re dealing with. (wanna be`s) Good ones are VERY few and very far between. If you think buying another brand will get you better service, you might want to re-think that..!!! Most ALL dealerships really suck the big one bro. I drive almost 100 miles to the dealership i go to, they treat me VERY good and have had outstanding luck with them. I`ve bought a few hemi vehicles from them in the past few yrs and everytime has been pretty good with them. My only gripe is waiting for CHRYSLER to get off their lazy ***`s and take care of my warranty claims. Good luck to you...! Most of all, dont give up on your truck or the magnum, it isnt the vehicle`s faults for lame repairs or stupid moron`s that think they are REAL auto technicians.

Old 07-30-2011 | 08:43 PM
RAMULAK
Captain

I drive 86 miles to my dealership. Two other dealerships are just about 20 miles away.
Gotta find the good ones or your stress level is gonna spike and your gonna age 20 years before ya know it.

Quick Reply: HELP Clunk Front Drive Line or Drive Line