4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Safety recall N08 13V-038

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 08:10 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

the Canadian recall say any loose pinion nuts, locked up rear axle or completely failed rear axle get rebuilt...as part of the recall...no charge. Go to the governing body for motor vehicles in your country and get a copy of the recall and see if its the same in Sweden. If it is, go into the dealership with it in hand or call fCA Sweden. You should not be paying for recall work.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:49 PM
Ginger Fish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again...

I’m not sure realt what to say....

Anyway the shop that has my truck, I called them yesterday since they told me that my would be Ready on this friday. When I got there they told me that they had forgotten to order a bearing!! So my truck wouldn’t be ready until next Thursday!! WTF....they have had my truck for six hole weeks now!! Also they told me that Dodge won’t take the costs for that blown diff!!

What I am I to do? Won’t be any christmas gifts this year. Tried to call tha fca sweden today again.....no answer I gave up after 1,5h....

Don’t know what to do anymore? Help anyone?

regards michael

Old 12-15-2018, 09:11 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

If the recall for the rear diff on your truck is still open, (meaning, it hasn't been checked/repaired once already) then FCA CANNOT decline repairs for your truck. You are getting bent over. Time to contact a lawyer.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Ginger Fish

took a screen dump.... I don’t see how the diff isn’t a part of this? IF it has come lose and destoyed the diff? Why is it not covered by dodge?

Anyone got the hole recall pdf? With description on what the need to do?

Regards michael

Old 12-15-2018, 09:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Here ya go. If the pinion nut was at fault for your rear end going belly up, then yes, it is covered by the recall, and Dodge is obligated to fix it for free. If the dealer is telling you otherwise, give them your lawyers phone number.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:16 PM
Ginger Fish

Thanks.... the story continues..

called fca sweden today. She couldn’t tell me if is covered by dodge. She had to call the shop where my truck is at. She told me that she call me right back.... nopp I guess that I’ll have to call ger tomorrow again!!

She also told me that the Guy who handels this is still sick....one Guy only for all europe?

Six weeks.... what can I say? I’m soooooooo disappointed that I can’t find words for it!!!

Think this is gonna be funny when I pick up my truck on thursday 1400 usd poorer. and I gonna tell them that I want my blown diff back? So I can examine it....

regards michael

Old 12-19-2018, 02:33 PM
Ginger Fish

So again the story goes on...

talked to dodge today several times.....turns out that dodge won’t cover a blown diff.
but the dealer had to have my truck for six weeks....

is there anything else that I can do?

Old 12-19-2018, 03:06 PM
Mike Sal
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What reason do they offer as to the decline of the claim? Does the failure match the description of the recall?

Old 12-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Ginger Fish

Don’t know...she wouldn’t tell. She just Said that the campain only covered the replacement of a nutretainer?

Don’t know what the shop told her? But I guess that I’ll never will found out?

Don’t know IF you have seen the pics in the beginning?

Old 12-19-2018, 07:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ginger Fish
So again the story goes on...

talked to dodge today several times.....turns out that dodge won’t cover a blown diff.
but the dealer had to have my truck for six weeks....

is there anything else that I can do?

The recall flatly states that if the diff needs to be reconditioned (rebuilt), Dodge will do it, at no cost to you. It's right there in black and white. Including the part about giving you a 100 dollar gift card for your inconvenience. You need a lawyer.

Quick Reply: Safety recall N08 13V-038