Notices
Archived Classifieds This forum is closed for posting. Expired Classifieds threads only.

SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:15 AM
nhlbill
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD

Hey guys,

After 2 years, lots of money, tons of labor hours, and winding up with a great truck, I have to sell mine [:@]

Here is the ad number on autotrader: 52459848

The details are in the ad, but herethey are:

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport (badged as a 2500)
58K miles, 318, 5spd, 4x4
10" lift (7" susp/3" body/long arms/shackle flip)
Dana 60 axles with chromolly shafts (front has EMS Off Road hub kit with Warn lockout hubs), new ball joints, Rock Crusher covers
ARB air lockers front and rear with 5.13 gears, all new bearings and seals throughout, new brakes front and rear (everything)
JB Conversons HD t-case with CV driveshafts front and rear and slip yoke eliminator, reindexing ring on t-case
38.5/14.5/17 Pro Comp Xtreme AT's on 17" x 9" Pro Comp alloys
HD crossover steering, Borgeson steering shaft, PSC steering brace
Thuren Trackbar
Alien Patrol winch bumper with Line X coating, shackles, Procomp Lights
Sony/Alpine system with 12" sub in custom enclosure and 800 watts
Midland CB and 3ft glass whip
Fastman 50mm throttlebody with new IAC/MAP/TPS sensors
Mopar Performance round air cleaner
Mopar Performance 7.5mm wires

etc, etc, etc

Over $20K invested, selling for $10,395!!!

nhlbill@comcast.net

[IMG]local://upfiles/46526/10866E327D2840C0ABBEE6434AE64C2C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2008, 01:18 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker
Default RE: Selling my baby!

nice truck, sad to seeit go.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Cowgirl4christ
Professional

Why are you sellin it???

Old 04-03-2008, 01:58 AM
nhlbill
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Cowgirl4christ

Why are you sellin it???
I built the truck over the past two years while I should have been spending money on my twin boys (they are 12 now) and activities and stuff we could do together. A toy like this truck is a very selfish thing, especially when I have a family that could have used the money for other things.

We decided to buy a couple ATV's and start doing more stuff with my son's now, before I find another $10K to spend on a toy tlike my truck that really only I can use and enjoy.

I know it's not your run of the mill reason for selling something, but thats the reality of it........I'm growing older I guess and seeing things prioritze differently. Maybe someday 15-20 years down the road I will have some sort of hobby truck again, but for now, I need topay attention to what is right in front of me.

Don't get me wrong though, even knowing this is the right thing to do, it's still hard. I have spent a great deal of money and time on this truck and I love it, but I have made the decision and I think it's a good one.

Now I just need to sell it fast and move on before I change my mind.....lol

Old 04-03-2008, 03:09 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't sell it... It's my favorite truck on the dodge forum and I don't have the money to buy it off you. Wouldn't be right to buy your truck anyway. Nobody else really deserves it. They wouldn't have the satisfaction of building it the way you have. If nothing else it could be a show truck... I can't believe you're going to sell it [&o]

Old 04-03-2008, 04:16 AM
timsalas
Veteran

sorry you gotta sell him/her :-(

Old 04-03-2008, 08:23 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Man that sucks, hope your twin boys don't hate you in 4 years when they turn 16 for selling their badass mudder!

I get the family aspect though, that's gotta be your first priority.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill,

I understand exactly the reasons you stated about selling. I've had a lot of the same thoughts about mods and money lately (escpecially with my recent gear issues), and I'm starting to see that there is so much more I can do with my time and money. I'll be keeping my truck, but the mods are done for me (except for the current gear work that is being performed so I can at least drive it again). I want to just drive it now and get as many miles out of it as I can and enjoy it. I'd much rather spend my weekends with my daughter instead of with the truck.

Good luck selling it, it is indead an awesome rig. Glad I got to see it in person. I hope you get what it's worth these days with gas prices being so high and everyone looking for good mpg vehicles. What will you drive instead? Hope you will still log in here from time to time too to pass on your wisdom too.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels
Man that sucks, hope your twin boys don't hate you in 4 years when they turn 16 for selling their badass mudder!
One of the firstfights I canremember having with my dad was over him selling his68 Plymouth Roadrunner. Hecouldn't have just held out long enough to sell it to me. 4 mpg and you'd better belive I'd be driving it anyway

Old 04-03-2008, 11:53 AM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop just one minute. Look, you have the truck done, stop spending money on that. If you came up with the money to put that much in, you could buy an ATV. You are going to need to pull them with something! Buy ONE they can learn on. Let them share and tear it up. Then upgrade as you go.

ATV won't give you near the face time as fishing, throwing the ball around etc. Stay home on the weekends. Stay away from bowling, softball leagues as they really eat up your time.

The one thing you want your kids to know is that a man is supposed to Love God, love his wife,work hard and support the family, IN THAT ORDER. ATV toys don't cut it, they won't sit around saying "Hey remember those ATVs?

You got that truck ready for 10 years of work. KEEP IT.

Quick Reply: SOLD