Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Looking for the speed pulse signal wire

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:04 PM
johndale
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for the speed pulse signal wire

My wife has a 2005 Magnum and she had installed a Eclipse AVN5510BT. This is a long drawn out issue like a month. The shop who installed this first installed a pioneer Z2 and you would loose the audio all the time so they put another Z2 in and the same thing happen again and after they had talked to pioneer they said they had a software problem so we went with the Eclipse. After changing the harness and everything else it finally works. But they did not hook up the speed pulse signal wire .I did not want them to tear it open again so can anyone help me with this.I have read it is in the OBD2 but what pin and another post it is in a nother connector and is a White/Blue wire.
Thanks

Old 09-14-2007, 10:22 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Default RE: Looking for the speed pulse signal wire

The speed pulse wire is at the PCM. The pCM is under the hood on the passenger side attached to the firewall. It's Dark Green/Brown, Bottom plug, Pin 32.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:06 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Doesn't seem right about the Z2 though, I havn't experienced or heard any problems with the Z2, sounds like a speaker or speaker lead wasshorting. That would cause the amplifier in the headunit to go into protect and cut the audio. It doesn't show any sign it's in protect, it just cuts audio output.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
johndale

It just die and you can turn the radio off and back on and it would still be dead and then it would come back on and Pioneer said they do have this problem with Boston systems

Old 09-14-2007, 08:03 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

hmm..strange.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:01 PM
johndale

Well the new unit looks to be fried too because the blue tooth will cut off the radio will some times will cut off. They had a harness that start with s----- and found that it was the problem and installed a different type and I told them to go ahead and remove the preamp out of the system so they did. All week it worked like it was suppose to until last night the BT went dead and then the radio went out but the gps worked but no audio.I turned it off and played with it and it came back too life.This morning the BT only quit.So tomorrow it gets it 4th nav radio installed in it.This is getting my wife hacked because it is her car
I have talked to a couple of places and they have never heard of a problem like this.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:26 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Me either. I'd be leaving the shop you're having this done at. BTW I called Pioneer and they said they'venever heard of such a thing with the Magnums and the Z2, or any of their radios for that matter. I think that shop is pulling your leg.

3 units in a row that just "Happen" to be bad?? I highly, highly doubt it.

The harness you need is a Metra part# XSVI-6502 And just bypass the amp with speaker wires (It's right by the steering wheel) They make an amp bypass kit (70-6504), but it's pointless on the Magnum because the amp is so close to the radio. You could actually use a regular 70-6502 (Non Can-Bus), and just run a wire over to the fuse panel for accessory, and then just bypass the amp with speaker wire.

The bologna they're giving you about the Z2 not working with the Magnum is complete B.S., because once you bypass that factory amplifier, it's just straight speaker wires... that's it, same as any other car. So the whole "It doesn't work with the Boston amp" is crap because there is no longer an amp in the equation to "not work" with.

Oh and make sure they put crossovers on the speakers after they bypassed the amp!! The factory amp holds the crossovers, so you need to add them when you bypass it.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:52 PM
johndale

were does the cross over go in the system? Because I am now watching them like a hawk when I can get back in the shop. I have been in aviation for 37 years and have seen all types of install before in aircraft but this take the cake. This place is a major chain store and I thought they would do a good job and I am wrong. The wiring looks like a rats nest and things are just stuffed in place and hangs. I have a lot of money in this and it will get repaired but not with my money.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:55 PM
johndale

what will happen if they forget the jumpers?

Old 09-15-2007, 04:49 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

The jumpers? I guess you lost me.

The crossovers go on the positive lead of each tweeter. The mids don't need any crossover, you could set the internal high-pass filter on the radio if you had to for those. But the tweeters NEED crossovers on them or they will be dead in no time.

Quick Reply: Looking for the speed pulse signal wire