Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

What happened to my truck!??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 AM
BigTXRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats freaking great!! Thanks AF, that will hold me for now lol Awesome job though man!

Old 07-25-2010, 10:07 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE!!! its working

Turns out there were several issues. Sub and rear speakers RCA's were bad (so no sound out of them). Although i purposely tried to avoid them, the front window arms grabbed the front speaker wires and ripped them out of the crossover the first time i put the windows down (so no sound out of them either). with the combination of all that, no sound from anything.

I rewired the front speakers and got them working as well as replaced the 2 bad RCA's. 3 of the 4 speakers now worked (subs too). After testing with a DMM, there was a 34 ohm draw on the passenger side rear speaker wire. Obviously a short somewhere. So i pulled that wire out and ran a new one. Fixed it as well. All speakers operational. Got it all tuned up and working on installing everything again now. To this point i've got everything installed except the passenger side rear seat.

Here's the completed box.

Name:  2010-07-25164215.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  47.1 KB

The drivers side seat went it, and although extremely tight, it goes in without binding at all. Seat goes all the way up and all the way down without smashing the amp. I raised the seats 3/4" so the subs dont it the bottom of the seat at all. By raising the seats, it also did the "seat mod" for me without having to flip the seat brackets. Seat backs lock in place when fully up or fully down, but half way down i can fold the back of the seat forward off the wall to allow access to the amps.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Matt99
Champion

damn you have put some hours in that

Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.... i lost count.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Frank Drebin

Very nice work!

Did the sound insulation help out with road noise at all? My 03 had quite a bit of road noise, I had always wanted to try and quiet it down in there.

Quick Reply: What happened to my truck!??