Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Uconnect Problems Connecting

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:38 PM
cynthiaherr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect Problems Connecting

Hi there: I have a 2012 Dodge Journey R/T. Uconnect (8.4N, I believe) has been working okay for the most part. Occasionally wouldn't "recognize" presence of my iPhone; so, shut off the car and re-start and it would connect. Now, however, the Uconnect isn't picking up my phone at all - for the past 3+ days.

It will not allow me to go into settings at all - it just seems to be continually searching. Screen says "Hands Free System Loading ... Please wait". But it never loads.

Is there a software upgrade I'm in need of? Some kind of UC glitch? I'm going on a long drive in 2 days and will be in need of the hands-free features for calling. Help!

Old 07-18-2013, 11:09 AM
navguy2014

Try disconnecting your battery terminals, arc them together, and reconnect after 30 min.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Junglist9MR

Sometimes pulling up on the IOD fuse in the TIPM for a while helps and the above mentioned disconnecting the battery and touching the terminals together.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:00 PM
billcarrjr
Default Me too. - RE2 - system loading please wait

How did you resolve? I disconnected battery overnight and still get stuck at same spot. I have Lockpick C2 installed and thought that might have been problem, removed it and tried again, still no bluetooth/handsfree..

Trying to avoid going to dealer if it's a quick fix.....

Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM
maryannamu

Definitely no quick fix at the dealership. My 2012 Dodge Journey is having the exact same problem and has been at the dealership for two days now. They said they may have to take the entire unit out of the dash and replace it with a new one. I am just blown away by this. The blue tooth is the ONLY part of the system frozen up. I don't think they have any idea how to fix this.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:35 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by maryannamu
Definitely no quick fix at the dealership. My 2012 Dodge Journey is having the exact same problem and has been at the dealership for two days now. They said they may have to take the entire unit out of the dash and replace it with a new one. I am just blown away by this. The blue tooth is the ONLY part of the system frozen up. I don't think they have any idea how to fix this.

Maryannamu,

I'm sorry to hear about your Uconnect problems. If you have any concerns and would like additional assistance reviewing with your dealer, please feel free to PM me.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:17 PM
sandraft
Default 2013 dodge journey uconnect problem

we have a 2013 dodge journey and the voice command system is stuck loading for going on 3 days. We too can not use the blue tooth system with the phone. What is resolution Chrysler came up with?

Old 07-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Deege929

Originally Posted by sandraft
we have a 2013 dodge journey and the voice command system is stuck loading for going on 3 days. We too can not use the blue tooth system with the phone. What is resolution Chrysler came up with?
I'm having the same problem. I took it in to the dealer and they "flashed" the system and got it to work... for 2 days. Just called them back this morning and asked them to see if there is a software update for the system. It isn't just UConnect.. None of the Voice Recognition features will work. So for the Navigation Center, Music, and phone there is no way to access the hands free feature of any system until Dodge comes up with a fix. Not a happy camper right now.

Dealer just asked me to give them my Software version .. but it won't allow me into the Settings for Audio or UConnect. How did you get yours resolved?

Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2015, 05:11 PM
ematke
Default uconnect hands free system please wait loading

Have the same problem with my 2013 dart is there anything that can be done?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:38 AM
maryannamu

In my original case it turned out to be a loose cable to the unit. Fixing that and a software update took care of the problem. But it's been in two more times for the same thing since then. Oddly enough it's sitting at the dealership right now. This time they are saying (again) they are just going to replace the whole unit. We'll see what happens this time.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Problems Connecting