Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler execs admit Sebring & Nitro are misses

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Chryco4Life
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler execs admit Sebring & Nitro are misses

I own an Inferno Red Nitro R/T, and I get waved down by people that ask me about it and then start raving about how it looks. No joke, EVERY day someone tells me how much they want one. I mean, it's got a fantastic stance,really LOOKS like a new vehicle, and with the 4.0 L and 5 speed autostick it's actually fun to drive. Either way, the response from people everywhere tells me that this exec guy is out to lunch. However, I HATE how the non-R/T models look with all that crappy grey plastic!

Old 06-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chryco4Life

However, I HATE how the non-R/T models look with all that crappy grey plastic!
Agreed, that's the only thing I don't like about the Nitro. Though, like I said, I'm not too fond of the front bumper.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:34 PM
LabradorDodge

Nitros..are crap. Hate the styling and been reading some not so pleasent reviews about it..Thank god dodge has changed some of the styling on Dakota for 08.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:01 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Sebring is just a train wreck. Sick of the egg crate grill treatment on most every Chrysler. Grow some ***** and make something that looks different coming at you. Also what's up with the damned hood strakes on Chryslers. They didn't work on the Aspen which by the way is a stupid name to be giving a premium line vehicle that was once an economy line vehicle of the 80's. So let's put them on a completely new car and give it a Chevy Cobalt roofline. Now throw in a cheap interior that you can get in a Nissan Sentra and we've got a winner! Whomever was in charge of design and development on this should be handed his walking papers.

The Avenger although the same vehicle looks better because of some aggressive styling cues.

The Nitro I like except for the flat treatment on the flares and although I haven't been in one they seem a little tight for space up front. This is the direction that Chrysler and it's divisions need to be headed in though, innovative and different products that peek consumer interest and bring them to the showroom. The marketing I think is what is wrong here. Those commercials are just STUPID!

Old 06-30-2007, 08:17 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: hemi 265

I went to the Chrysler dealer today in Australia and saw the Nitro for the first time as they had one on display. They are not released yet but they are taking orders, it was damn nice. They also had the Sebring which has been on sale for a month now but the dealer said they hadn't sold any yet but heaps of people have been inquiring about the Nitro since being on display. we are getting the 2.8 diesel, do you get that there?
No diesel in the US. Shame, too. I'm a big supporter of diesel power. I like the R/T versions of the Nitro and, personally, I like the interior (I got a look at one when my Dakota was in for some warranty work). The Avenger looks nice, too. The Sebring is a perfect rental car.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:33 PM
scatpackmopar
Veteran

the only thing I didn't like about the Sbering when I first saw it was how the hood came down and looked like it was sitting on top of the fenders instead of blending in. But the car has grown on me and I really like it. The Nitro could use a more subtle front nose job but I like both vehicles. Now if Chrysler get on board with gas milage increases without using stupid hybrids! I have faith that now that Daimler is not in charge of style we will start to see the designs that made Chrysler the hottest American car company going!

Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 PM
revsrogers

Concerning the Sebring, I bought mine in April. I will admit the first time I saw one of these, they looked a little wierd. But its styling has grown on me. I have had many compliments on its styling particularly the hood's unique "strakes". Give Chrysler some credit for trying to distance themselves from the plain and drab look of many cars in its class. If this car had an "L" plastered on that big chrome grille, every major magazine would hail it as a design triumph. I even like the four banger, thoughit could use a little more bottom end power.

My biggest complaint centers on the cheap interior! The headliner shows every smudge and fingerprint. The door panels would look cheap on an88YUGO!The center console makes a nice twisting warping motion if you rest your leg against it. There is also obnoxious wind noise at the top of thedrivers door.They should have ditched those stupid climate controlled cupholders and that annoying slidingarmrest andinvested the savingson some nicer materials. What were they thinking?

Quick Reply: Chrysler execs admit Sebring & Nitro are misses