Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

A few Challenger rumors...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A few Challenger rumors...

Keep in mind, these are strictly RUMORS and are not official and could be very untrue. These are just thing I've found people saying on the net.[/align][/align]Rumor is thatfor the2008 Challengers, you will get a choice of either a 3.5 V6 or 6.1 HEMI. They will both be automatics. Three options are to be available, race stripes, HD headlights and a nav system.[/align][/align]2009 Challengers start production a few months later. Will add a 5.7 HEMI option, more trimoptions. Also available manual transmission for the 6.1 HEMI.[/align][/align]It is rumored that there will be more than 5,000 2008's and then they will mass produce the Challenger with a full line of options and engines in 2009. Pricing rumored to be competitive with the Mustang.[/align][/align]That is all. They are, once again, RUMORS.[/align]

Old 08-12-2007, 06:43 PM
MINIHEMI
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A few Challenger rumors...

can't see them putting the V6 in if it's a limited production car...at least that is confirmed...however the charger was considered a limited production car as well 4 the record

Old 08-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't see a 3.5L V6 in it. Then again I still can't figure out why people actually buy V6 Mustangs, it's a poser car. Seems to me they need a manual available for the first run too...

Old 08-12-2007, 07:22 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Why a V-6? Well what if thats all you can afford. If I couldnt afford the insurance and/or payments for a 'real' challenger or mustang, what then? A Taurus? A camry? Uh-uh. Id rather have the crappiest challenger than the top of the line stratus.

Not to mention, low end v-6 models will probably outsell the v-8s for just that reason. Like any other car company, chrysler is out there to make a profit. If theyre losing money on it, its not going to stick around. So better to go this route and have the challenger last a while, then to have it around only a few years and then have nothing be K-car econo crap available under the mopar nameplate.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chrysler just needs to make a noticable difference between the V6 and V8 if this is true.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:53 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are horrible rumors.

I want a 6 speed.

I want the 6.4 as a SRT option.

Otherwise, no Challenger for me.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: grungerockjeeper

Why a V-6? Well what if thats all you can afford. If I couldnt afford the insurance and/or payments for a 'real' challenger or mustang, what then? A Taurus? A camry? Uh-uh. Id rather have the crappiest challenger than the top of the line stratus.

Not to mention, low end v-6 models will probably outsell the v-8s for just that reason. Like any other car company, chrysler is out there to make a profit. If theyre losing money on it, its not going to stick around. So better to go this route and have the challenger last a while, then to have it around only a few years and then have nothing be K-car econo crap available under the mopar nameplate.
I see your point, I just feel like it's completely pointless to buy a car like a challenger or a mustang and then get it with a V6. I mean you're taking a performance car, one that from the looks of it and the name is expected to perform to a certain standard and then draining most of the performance out of it. It does make sense from a marketing/profit standpoint though. [&:]

Old 08-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At least offer the new 300+hp 4.7 litre v8 engine instead of the v6! it'll be E85 friendly too? But if it has to be a v6, go with the 4.0 and not the 3.5

Old 08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think that they need something along the lines of the 250hp 3.5L. the V6 mustang is selling like crazy, and ive been to a track meet of 4.0L stangs, and they can be made very quick, pretty easily. the v6 mustangs and camaros were part of the reason for the popularity of those models, and the challenger needs a low power, lowprice, and low insurance costbase model.

everyon spouts off about how "it had better have this or that, or i wont buy it" but the odds are pretty good that most of those people wont buy it anyway. making it a high performance only model is only going to cause it to be another high priced, low volume vehicle like the viper...in which case they shouldny bother making it. we are holding off on buying a new car, specifically waiting for the challenger...but we fear the worst, and i wouldnt be surprised if we end up buying a 300c or evo.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Dodge maniac
Professional

a friend of my dads preordered one whenever they first showed it at the auto show and he got word from Chrysler last week that his Challenger would be ready in February. He said it's orange with the black racing stripes, 6 speed MANUAL, and a more powerful engine than the 6.1 liter Hemi, something like 7.0 liters.

Quick Reply: A few Challenger rumors...