Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2006 Dodge Charger Gets Hate Mail:

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:32 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Charger Gets Hate Mail:

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

Nickoman- you are certainly showing a lot in the way of nerve saying 'old cars suck' in a forum of this nature, but precious little in the way of gray matter. So what constitutes an 'old car' in the eyes of a 17 y.o. punk? Something prior to what.... 2002??? The last Charger was made before you even BEGAN wearing diapers, for crying out loud.... do you think you're even entitled to slam my opinion?? Of course, this is coming from the same idiot who thinks it's OK to drive down the road like a total a** hole, or leave a 3 & 5 year old home alone, and can't write an intelligent complete sentence in English........(HINT: capital letters and punctuation marks exist for a REASON!!!!!) i have three suggestions for you.... either grow up, smarten up, or STFU, because you are rapidly losing any credibilty as anything but a typical teen moron!

To me an old car is anything before 1999. I'm not slamming your opinion in any way, shape, or form, I'm just simply stating mine. As for my driving habits, thats my choice, and its not that uncommon for a typical teen. Do you rememberer being a teen? I never said it was alright for the kids to be left alone. I stated i DON'T condone the act, i was just wondering why its such a big deal because the kids came out of it in perfect condition. As for my grammar, does it really matter if it is capitalized or punctuated, because if everything is spelled right and the sentence is understood by a frickin 5 year old, then whats the point. As for your opinion which bothered me that you took this to be offensive I'm sorry. i did not mean to attack anyones opinion, but i just wanted to state mine. as for the Charger which this post is all about i like it, i know most people don't, so that why I'm defending it. i personally think it would be a bad investment to make it 2 door. they are not bringing back an old car(thank god), but making a new one that shares the name, and a few qualities. as for my credibility i never knew i even had any so I'm not worried about it. if u people cant accept the way my mind works, then just block me so u don't have to worry bout me.

Old 12-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anything before 99? You're nuts. LOL!

Be nice everyone... tsk tsk... I'll [sm=icon_beat.gif] if you [sm=bicker.gif].

~Amanda

Old 12-02-2004, 08:19 PM
harcourtmudd

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

I never implied that there was anything wrong with this platform, or in fact, the 300C. My bi$%h with this car all along has been the name. Call me a loyalist if it makes you feel more comfortable with my opinion, but the fact is that the name 'Charger' DOES have historical signifance to the Dodge marque, and this new platform wearing that name does that memory a disservice. The name really should have been retired in 1974 before the Cordoba variant emerged. Yeah, it started as a variation of the Coronet platform..... so what? The Mustang was a Falcon under the skin, the GTO was a LeMans, etc.... is that supposed to diminish THEIR historical significance to Ford and Pontiac? I doubt it. Do you think that it is a coincidence that the new GTO is a flop, while the new Mustang looks to be a home run? I would hope not. When you see this new 4-door, do you think 'Bullitt', or 'Dukes of Hazzard?' Not likely.
This new Charger might very well be a big success for DCX. The Magnum and 300 both seem to be, and this car will probably continue that streak. What they, and you, need to understand, however, is that they will NOT be selling me one; and I'm am obviously NOT the only one that has this opinion, since they have been getting a high volume of negativity from it!!! Of course the 'purists' or 'loyalists' or whatever label you want to hang on us are upset by it! Telling me or the rest of us what a great car it is isn't going to help sway our opinion or convince us to buy one. Deep down I know it's probably a great car, but if THAT was what I was looking for, there would already be a 300C in my garage... I wouldn't be waiting for this one!
I'm not trying to say that there is anything wrong with being a "loyalist" I love Ma Mopar myself and am currently torn as to the application of the Charger name to this car. I like the platform, I like what this vehicle is shaping up to be, and it does have some nods to the original charger in styling...perhaps it shouldn't be called Charger but it does not mean that I wouldn't take this one out for a test drive. Your needs and desires obviously do not match up with this vehicle and that's perfectly valid; perhaps DCX could attract your business with the rumored 2-door LX. It just seems like these opinions have been rehashed to no resolution since we first got the final world on what this Charger was gonna be.

On a related note, I understand the marketing purpose of the Mustang's retro-look and certainly it will sell, so will the new Charger. Anyone please feel free to discuss this, but retro-styled cars--I just don't see how they can evolve. Ford remakes the '68 Mustang now, where do they go when the car needs a redesign, the '71 Mustang?? Have we decided that we want the look of cars to always stay the same as they were in '68 and that we cannot find more creative or newer design themes??? How will we ever get our flying cars, d*mm*t!! Although I would love a thoroughly modernized '57 300... [sm=smiley13.gif]

Old 12-02-2004, 09:10 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: Dodgegirl19

Anything before 99? You're nuts. LOL!

Be nice everyone... tsk tsk... I'll [sm=icon_beat.gif] if you [sm=bicker.gif].

~Amanda

i don't want to get hit thats why i throw a sorry in the earlier post.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:22 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It just seems like these opinions have been rehashed to no resolution since we first got the final world on what this Charger was gonna be.
You're exactly right. It deserves to be rehashed since that's what Dc is doing to the 300 C platform. Same car, different wrapper. I suppose this has been going on forever, with B-bodies, P-bodies, lh cars, whatever. But there is room for a 2 dr, midsize coupe with v-8 power.

I think I'll just buy a 300 C and call year one for some Superbee stripes. That way we can completely bastardize the line.

Old 12-03-2004, 12:14 AM
DakotaRT2K
Rookie

[/quote]

but retro-styled cars--I just don't see how they can evolve. Ford remakes the '68 Mustang now, where do they go when the car needs a redesign, the '71 Mustang??
[/quote]

precisely why i ordered the magnum as soon as i saw the dcx release of the charger picture. the magnum has its own design, and has room to evolve if dcx wishes it to.

Ethan

Old 12-03-2004, 12:49 AM
71charger440

i hate it, i hate it, i hate it.. theres no way a charger should be a 4 door, it just doesnt fit. IMO its fugly and doesnt deserve the name, (only my opinion) and i myself would prefer an old car over a new car anyday. i had the choice between new camaro-mustang-t/a and chose charger, and i still believe i made the right decission. and would make the same decission any day, i think they should have made the 2 door model and had the 4 door as an option, im sure that if they do make the 4 door model that people would complain so much that they will make the 2 door an option which would be alright i guess but dont see a 4 door car being considered a muscle car and never will. they should have done like ford did, i think they did an awesome job recreating the mustang, i know before i knew about it comming out i was in our local ford dealer picking up a part for my friends dad that i seen a mustang and i was fooled because i thought it was an old one in perfact condition but i was wrong! lol. thats what dodge should do, have any of you seen the new camaro concept??? they already have ideas for bringing it back. its in the new issue of motor trend i think(not postive on that one), my friend showed me at lunch, its almost as bad as the charger but its still a 2 door. and im sure that that design wont stay the same because there will be complaints because my friends who own f-bodys were complaining already. over all the charger should either not be produced or changed.

Old 12-03-2004, 01:22 AM
DCXRJE

Dodge already tried a 2-door Charger. It didn't work. Don't everbody forget the Mid 80's Charger 2+2 and Shelby Charger NOW! Maybe that's why they went four door this time? Or the real reason could like in the dying coupe market and ever expanding sedan market.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/9780/0E6993097C194A44AE102EDA78D1F6C3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9780/FCBB45A8CF8540BE84F88FEDA78FA235.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-03-2004, 01:32 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

The quantity of doors on that car had absolutely NOTHING to do with why it failed as a Charger. (Can you say fast back K-car??)[:-] They went with 4 doors because some overpaid pompous M-B exec told us we don't want a two door car, and we won't buy it. Would have been nice if they asked first! Good thing the folks over at Phurd responsible for the new Mustang weren't listening to the same moron. D-C also wouldn't have gotten the hate mail if they hadn't called it the Charger.... pure and simple. Now they're surprised that the fans of the '66-'74 Chargers are rebelling against it? Give me a break.....[:'(]

Old 12-03-2004, 01:37 AM
DCXRJE

How about a happy compromise for everybody, 4 door suicide coupe style? Same front-end or different front-end? Did you like the wedge shape concepts better? Or the original Charger Concept that was a suicide coupe?

[IMG]local://upfiles/9780/C21004497E954856B12E3600EF743803.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger Gets Hate Mail: