Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2006 Dodge Charger: Best Photoshop Picture Yet:

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 01:41 PM
ManMuscle
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Charger: Best Photoshop Picture Yet:

SERIOUSLY GUYS, ITS NOT THE 1960'S!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT!!!!!! The general public does not have the same affection for the charger that they have for the mustang. People consider the mustang the real deal american muscle car. I say only becuase the vette is a lil expensive for most people, and the stang is more affordable. The mustang is the only muscle car(aside fromt eh vette) that hasnt been canceled. That says something about the car. The reason ford can go retro w/ the stang because it has a rich heritage that they can use to sparks memories in people which sparks emotions which makes people want to buy it. What heritage does the charger really have??? dukes of hazzard??? Thats what everyday people think of when they hear its name. I would liek to have seen a few more retro cues but this car does look tough, aggressive and most of all like an AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR!!!!!! They cant use the 99 concept becuase it was on an old platform which has been junked. Its time to move on. There will plenty of special addition chargers and when they refresh them they put more retro cues in, im sure. But til them we have a badass looking hot rod to hand imports thier asses with and now dodge can FINALLY take on other american car companies.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a great photo shopped pic... they guy does outstanding work... Thanks for sharing it with us!!

~Amanda

Old 12-21-2004, 03:45 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ManMuscle

SERIOUSLY GUYS, ITS NOT THE 1960'S!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT!!!!!! The general public does not have the same affection for the charger that they have for the mustang. People consider the mustang the real deal american muscle car. I say only becuase the vette is a lil expensive for most people, and the stang is more affordable. The mustang is the only muscle car(aside fromt eh vette) that hasnt been canceled. That says something about the car. The reason ford can go retro w/ the stang because it has a rich heritage that they can use to sparks memories in people which sparks emotions which makes people want to buy it. What heritage does the charger really have??? dukes of hazzard??? Thats what everyday people think of when they hear its name. I would liek to have seen a few more retro cues but this car does look tough, aggressive and most of all like an AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR!!!!!! They cant use the 99 concept becuase it was on an old platform which has been junked. Its time to move on. There will plenty of special addition chargers and when they refresh them they put more retro cues in, im sure. But til them we have a badass looking hot rod to hand imports thier asses with and now dodge can FINALLY take on other american car companies.
Thanks for that tidbit of wisdom, Captain Obvious. Now, how 'bout getting a clue? I'm fully aware of the date on the calendar. I'm also fully aware of the status of the Mustang- funny you try to use that as a point of comparison, since it is the V8 powered, rear drive, manual transmission, affordable car with decent styling that DCX could have built. Have you swallowed the Creed mindset hook line & sinker? The Mustang must be such a success because nobody wants one! It's just because it's always been there? Give me a break.... in the late '70's and early '80's they were no better than any of the turds anybody else was building either!

You sound like like exactly the audience the Stuttgart drones are aiming for- you and the lead-footed soccer moms who will probably buy this new Charger. And you're probably right.... nobody under the age of 35 even remembers what the Charger used to be to the Dodge name. Well....... I DO!!! And it's about time YOU got over THAT!! My issue with this car continues to be the NAME! I don't like the car much itself, but the name pi$$e$ me off! Apparently we need ANOTHER butt kicking sedan, to go along with the other one we already have, and a station wagon, and a truck....... just don't wish for a half way decent coupe though! It won't SELL!!! But a poorly styled sedan with an outstanding drivetrain with a NAME from the past...... ah, that's the key to generating sales! Heck, it worked SO well for Pontiac.... and they even started with a coupe!

I've made my last post on this subject. Creed should be fired, this new pig should be called the Polara, and I'll be driving a Mustang in 2007. If that's living in the past and sending me to hell, then so be it!!!!!!!!![:@][:'(]

Old 12-21-2004, 04:09 PM
big asp
Veteran

ORIGINAL: ManMuscle

If there is no affection for the Charger then why even bother reserecting the Charger nameplate?

The Mustang was cancelled in the 70s and brought back later. I have memories of Mustangs. They mostly consisted of the view of them disappering in my rear view mirror. I didn't even know what the tail lights looked like until I saw one in a parking lot.

The Charger's heritage? Are you serious!? From the hemi Charger in "Bullet" to the Daytona dominating NASCAR to the point that they outlawed it, there is a very special heritage. A hemi charger inspired awe and intimidated everyone else. As soon as the hood was opened revealing those monster valve covers and dual quads, the other car owners simply wet themselves and went home. To real Mopar fans the Dukes of Hazard was a stupid show that wasted a lot of good cars (okay, Daisey looked good in the hot pants).

No one wants an exact replica of the '99 concept. That car created excitement because it looked like a Charger, the new one doesn't. Engineers could incorporate similar cues on the new platform if they wanted to but it's less expensive to make a slightly modified 300.

Improve it later? Why not get it right out of the box. That's the problem with the new GTO. They brought it to market looking like any rental GM but promising to make it look better in the future. And they wonder why no one is buying them.

The real competition on the street isn't from America. My kids race Subaru STIs and their friends race EVOs. In stock form these cars go 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds and run legitimate low 13s in the 1/4 mile. An SRT-8 version of the Charger with the 425 hp hemi should run with these cars but no one at Chrysler will commit to it's being built yet (The 300C SRT-8 will be awesome!). SRT-4s and Magnum RTs are already more than competitive with the other American cars.

A new Hemi Charger needs to dominate on the street and at the track to uphold it's legacy.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:15 PM
Snafu

I'm sorry, that thing is HIDEOUS... I will wait to make my final judgement when I see one in person. But a 4-door Charger without a manual transmission is just sacreligous...

Old 12-21-2004, 05:49 PM
Jeffy_James
Rookie

Ok ok ok, Thestealth you have a point with that particular charger LOL. I'll be more specific. Probably the 1969 front end so then dodge can use their crosshair design. The 69 front end is so clean and aggressive. I miss the bulging front fenders and that coca cola bottle shape design.

I almost think that dodge should step away from the cross hair grill for some models. I know thats a dodge thing but they are kinda limited with designing smooth crisp front ends.

Old 12-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Jeffy_James
Rookie

Ok ok ok, Thestealth you have a point with that particular charger LOL. I'll be more specific. Probably the 1969 front end so then dodge can use their crosshair design. The 69 front end is so clean and aggressive. I miss the bulging front fenders and that coca cola bottle shape design.

I almost think that dodge should step away from the cross hair grill for some models. I know thats a dodge thing but they are kinda limited with designing smooth crisp front ends.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:07 PM
ManMuscle
Rookie

First of all. WE all know the chargers heritage but everyday people who will be buying the car dont. Both the charger and mustang got lame but the mustang survived. Why maybe becuase it got more practical?? Maybe becuase the general public prefer the mustang to the charger, I dunno, but it did survive and the charger did not. Now DCX is trying to get the ball rolling again w/ their muscle cars. Thier trying somethign new, thier incorporating styling cues from the past w/ new more efficient modern styling techniques. THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY!!! So they take the safe road a turn a huge boat of a car from a coupe that stoped selling to a sport sedan which sell, but give it an aggressive styling w/ cues from the original. THIS IS NOT A 1969 CHARGER!!! It is a new car. If your looking for a remake of the original, it not gonan happen so go to ebay and buy a 69'. Its called progress. You need the reality check becuase you cant seem to realize that by yourself. The mustang has been around long enough and is popular enough that they can market it the way they want. The mustanf dominates the muscle coupe market and it killed the competition. DCX knows that and couple that with the charger being gone for sooooooo long DCX decides to do the smart thing and play it safe. They cant profit from enthusiats alone. People who love to look at the car but wont buy it cuz they cant afford it, and the percentage that will buy it isnt enough to make keeping the car in production worth it. If the charger works and there is more of demand for a dodge made muscle coupe then they'll make it. But right now thier playing it safe.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:09 PM
ManMuscle
Rookie

ALSO they could have given it a diff name but they didnt, adn they could ahve made it mre retro but they didnt. Atleast we have a badass dodge that looks good and will dominate competition. It opens the possibilities for the future. Challenger possibly?????

Old 12-21-2004, 08:28 PM
big asp
Veteran

I don't think ManMuscle gets it, do you?

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger: Best Photoshop Picture Yet: