Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

2006 Dodge Charger: Best Photoshop Picture Yet:

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 11:38 PM
ManMuscle
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Charger: Best Photoshop Picture Yet:

The problem is you dont get it. I wish the new charger had 2 doors, but it doesnt. I wish it had a little more retro styling, but it doesnt. I wish they had used another name, but they didnt. The point is that this is not a coupe and its not a retro mustang. Coupes dont sell well. And dodge is afraid to go up against the mustang. So they decided to introduce thier new sedan as a "sports" sedan and call it a charger. Thier trying to make it coupe and charger like by building the rear fenders into the rear doors and making them "coke bottle" out a little and give it a fast back looking roof and a short decklid, in addition to a bullnose squared off front end. In reality this is the new charger like it or not. Im just learning to like it. Its not a bad lookign car at all. Its awsome looking. It doesnt look like a 69 or the 99 concept but OH WELL!!! Im just glad its a hot rod and that it is musclecar looking. we're just gonna have to settle, until they improve it so until then im just trying to focus on the positives instead of saying its ugly just because I want a remake of the 69' which is total b.s.. Whats wrong w/ that??? I just dont live in the past.

Old 12-23-2004, 03:46 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

No we are saying it is ugly, because it is ugly. We are pissed that they are calling this thing a charger, because it is not. You don't resurrect an old nameplate just because you couldn't think of another name, it should embody what a charger is. I see nothing on this 300 err... I mean charger that says charger. I see intrepid replacement, not charger.

Joe

Old 12-23-2004, 06:00 AM
Jeffy_James
Rookie

Amen to that jgralka!!

You said it all man, done and done!!

Old 12-23-2004, 11:02 AM
big asp
Veteran

Doing the "I know you are but what am I?" routine and saying the same thing over and over again doesn't work well in a grown up discussion. Sorry.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:18 PM
ManMuscle
Rookie

Thats exactly what you guys are doing. Saying the same thing over and over again. Thats wat anybody who is trying to make a point does. And like I said I wish it was a coupe and looked more like a charger, but it doesnt. In reality its not a bad looking car and a lot of people will like it when it comes out and sales should be good which shoud lead to a coupe version granted theres a 300 coupe. And your worng. The buldging rear fenders are a cue from the original charger. The point is that this is a new charger for a new age. The market has changed so has the car. It would have been better as a coronet but its not. I'd rather have a base to build on w/ this charger then kill it off and have nothign like whats happening w/ the GTO. The GTO looks like poo now but the next gen will be sweet. Lets see what happens to this charger. Until then its a cool dodge hotrod. Gotta look past the name.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:24 PM
ManMuscle
Rookie

P.S. They didnt resurrect the name plate cuz they couldn't think of anythign else, they brought it back because they can make money off of it. Thier tryng to bring preformance back to dodge, and theres no better name to use. I dont like those reasons but its common sense.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:55 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Um... the 300 has bulging fenders as well. So do a lot of other cars. Here is my point, does anyone remember why Chrysler sales went bonkers in the 90's? Its because they took risks. They made cool concepts, then turned them into reality. This is the company that brought us segment busters such as the minivan, popularized suvs, made trucks good looking, and somehow has made station wagons "in" again. Now they want to play it safe with a four door? You know what happens when you play it safe? They will turn into Generic Motors. So Mr. Creed lets just save some time and money, we should transfer operations from Auburn Hills to Warren MI. You know the GM tech center, because they are doing so well. Just look at the GTO debacle thats what we want to mimick.[:@] Oh, and four door = hotrod? Don't think so. The market needs a mustang fighter, not another sedan that we already sell. Compete with the others not yourself.

Joe

Old 12-23-2004, 02:32 PM
redriderbob
Banned

I say don't judge it till you see it in person, I have come to learn that over the past few years w/ several of Chrysler Group's vehicles... such as the 2004 Dodge Durango, 2005 Dodge Dakota, and 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee...

redriderbob

Old 12-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Jeffy_James
Rookie

Seeing the Durango and Dakota in person just made me wonder even more why would they put a huge shelf of a bumber on the front of these things. UGLY!! The gauges are way to big too, NO OIL GAUGE as well!!

I liked the Cherokee no matter what, I never thought is was a bad design in the first place. At least Jeep is still making good looking products.

Old 12-24-2004, 03:50 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

I agree with Jeffy, and I build the ugly dakota. I would buy a raider anyday over that mess!

Joe

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger: Best Photoshop Picture Yet: