Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

is the viper coupe going to be able to keep up with the corvette Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 02:33 AM
kevin505
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the viper coupe going to be able to keep up with the corvette Z06?

i just read in "Car and Driver" about the new corvette Z06. i also read about the new viper coupe.to me it looks like the corvette is going to come out the winner. the guys at chrysler didn't up the horsepower for the viper or really do anything to it other than hard top and work on the rear end a little bit.the corvette has almost just as much power yet weights a couple hundred pounds lighter!! what do yall think?? is chrysler going to up the hp??

Old 01-06-2005, 07:08 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: is the viper coupe going to be able to keep up with the corvette Z06?

If I'm correct, that corvette is still made of fiberglass...so I'm thinking the Viper would lose

-Matt-

Old 01-06-2005, 08:12 PM
ChargerSRT8
Professional
Default RE: is the viper coupe going to be able to keep up with the corvette Z06?

Na, the Viper would smear that Z06 all over the blacktop. GM is trying pretty hard though, but i'm afraid that Chrysler is one step ahead of them as always. That HEMI V10 is gonna rock, if they put it in the Viper. They would be crazy not too.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:49 PM
shiltz
Captain

from the numbers in the latest car and driver which had a review on both the viper coupe and the Z06 vette the viper can't keep up with it, if I remember correctly the viper coupe's 1/4 mile time was 12.1 while the Z06 was 11.7, will double check it when I get home but I think that's what it was.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:13 PM
kevin505
Rookie

yes you are right. corvette = 1/4 mile .....11.7 sec @ 127
and the viper = 1/4 mile .....12.1 sec @121....... to me it looks like the corvette just might be the winner here. i really hope that chrysler puts that 7.7 L Hemi in the viper. if they don't its just a crime.the corvette now is faster...better interior...and better price than the viper. this doesn't look to good for chrysler.does anyone know what they are going to do??

Old 01-06-2005, 09:17 PM
kevin505
Rookie

even in the 0-60 times the vette beats the viper.it seems now that the only thing better about the viper is that it looks a ton better than the vette.the viper is still an awesome sports car...but chrysler can't get beat by the corvette.i'm looking forward to the Hemi powered viper. hopefully it comes soon

Old 01-06-2005, 09:28 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

but chrysler can't get beat by the corvette.
Yes they can [sm=headbang.gif] 50K Vette vs 90K Viper. Who wins? Vette. 1/4 mile Vette vs. 1/4 mile Viper. Vette wins again. Unless Dodge gives that Viper some more power, I predict chevy will smear the Viper. Sadly. =(

-Matt-

Old 01-06-2005, 09:41 PM
kevin505
Rookie

yes your right. what i meant when i said that was to me the viper should be better than the corvette and shouldn't get beat by it. i didn't mean that it is impossible for the vette to beat the viper.because i know that this new corvette is better than the new viper. by far......and i hate to admit that too.

Old 01-08-2005, 02:59 AM
1970Cuda

Lets See.... Corvette is priced right & trying to play catch-up. Corvette's are plentyful and usually seen about 10 to 1 on the street. Its a matter of driver vs. driver, owner vs. owner, ego vs. ego. On the street, its the fool who backs out last in a race.
I like the Viper............................................. ......period

Old 01-08-2005, 03:45 AM
big asp
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Viper-GTS

but chrysler can't get beat by the corvette.
Yes they can [sm=headbang.gif] 50K Vette vs 90K Viper. Who wins? Vette. 1/4 mile Vette vs. 1/4 mile Viper. Vette wins again. Unless Dodge gives that Viper some more power, I predict chevy will smear the Viper. Sadly. =(

-Matt-
The Z06 will be based priced at over $65K. With just a few options it will be well over $70k. A new Viper near me just went for $79K. At present, neither car has a clear advantage. Their performance is so close that the driver will make all the difference. Do you really think Dodge is going to roll over and play dead? Trust me, there is still a ton more potential in the V-10. There is even a rumor of a V-10 hemi. Don't get me wrong, the new Z06 is a great car but I can't see Dodge surrendering the throne that easily.

Quick Reply: is the viper coupe going to be able to keep up with the corvette Z06?