Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

First Photo Of Detroit's New Muscle Car Threesome!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DevilsReject
Here's one of the V6 RS packages for the new Camaro....and even THIS one looks better then that crap they showed up with...

Another shot of a Camaro, which is believed to be an SS..
The front is just absolutely hideous. If they would flatten it out, instead of being pointy like that; I would LOVE the Camaro.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:09 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

GM dropped the ball on that ugly Camaro. Ford and Dodge did right (except for a 4 door Charger) The Mustang and Challenger are right on the mark. Both are sexy and fast!!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:16 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight
The front is just absolutely hideous. If they would flatten it out, instead of being pointy like that; I would LOVE the Camaro.

I've said the same myself, ironically. However, it's for the most part a direct update of the 67-69 models. They had a similar pointed center, although it was not as pronounced.

I personally love this new Camaro more then any other model I've seen in years, and cant wait for it to be available for test drive.

The fact that the base V6 will produce as much horsepower as a current Mustang GT is hilarious to me

Old 09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Originally Posted by lxman1
GM dropped the ball on that ugly Camaro. Ford and Dodge did right (except for a 4 door Charger) The Mustang and Challenger are right on the mark. Both are sexy and fast!!
Not really that hard to be on the mark when you essentially make direct clones of an older car and build them with todays parts. GM didnt want to go completely retro, as they were looking forward as well as honoring the past. With the exception of that front fascia, I like what I see....and a body kit or some body molding will fix it...

Old 09-02-2008, 09:34 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I am a Chrysler man. I thing the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger are all worthy cars. I agree with IOWA that the Mustang/Challenger were done near perfect. DR you're smoking something. The Challenger is a superior car. Yes, I say that because I'm a Chrysler paint-licker. That's why I am on the DODGE forum.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:08 AM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Im anything BUT a GM fanboy. In fact even though they do have rides I should love (1st Gen K5 Blazers, El Caminos, Camaros) something about anything GM, especially that hated bowtie just gives me an irrational case of the creeps. But Im a huge fanboy for short wheelbase, removeable top 2 door 4x4s and muscular rwd coupes. Im retarded for anything that fits either of those descriptions and caters to the enthusiast. Im a bit of a fanboy for anything Jeep or Mopar, but I wont look past something like that abomiation they put the Charger name on.

But c'mon, is the camaro really THAT bad???? I mean no, its not as classic as the first gen models and true the chally and stang do a MUCH better homage to their classic ancestors. But its still a stylish 2-door coupe that offers real performance and the whole driving experience will appeal to the purists. Can the Charger or Monte Carlo do that? How far does the 'vette stray from its roots? I do agree with Midnight that they should flatten out that front clip a bit, and if it were me, Id hide the headlites behind the grille.

DevilsReject makes a good point about the 'Maro's V-6. Remember that in the case of the chally and stang, the base engines are just that: BASE engines. Theyre just workhorse pieces really meant for sedans and minivans. Theyre only in those cars for those who want a sexy car but arent really enthusiasts and dont want to drop the kind of cash a high-po car demands. The camaro seems to be taking a different route, the V-6 models will be more sports cars in the vein of the 350Z and RX-8. Theyll be quick and will handle nice but if you want to roast the tires and scare the wildlife you go for the V-8. Sportscar and muscle car all off of one platform. But if you do get the base camaro it'll still have plenty to offer an enthusiast on a budget. Not such a bad thing in my opinion.

Still, I want a B5 blue with black leather interior Chally R/T with the pistol grip 6spd and I want it NOW!

Old 09-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grungerockjeeper
DevilsReject makes a good point about the 'Maro's V-6. Remember that in the case of the chally and stang, the base engines are just that: BASE engines. Theyre just workhorse pieces really meant for sedans and minivans. Theyre only in those cars for those who want a sexy car but arent really enthusiasts and dont want to drop the kind of cash a high-po car demands.
I really hate that, I know it's necessary for sales but I feel these cars should be high-po cars and anyone who doesn't like that can buy something else. The biggest thing that's lost respect for the mustang in my eye is how many V6's are out there compared to something that actually ought to have the stang name. To me the V6 Mustangs are just a big joke.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
dakster
Banned

To me GM has gone too vanilla; too plain jane. I mean none of their cars or trucks have any style to them; except for a big open mouthed looking grille. They just look bulky. I mean look at the Corvette; yeah it may be fast, but its plain. To think that anyone would actually like the plain jane design is mind numbing.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:15 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Originally Posted by dakster
To me GM has gone too vanilla; too plain jane. I mean none of their cars or trucks have any style to them; except for a big open mouthed looking grille. They just look bulky. I mean look at the Corvette; yeah it may be fast, but its plain. To think that anyone would actually like the plain jane design is mind numbing.
You obviously are lumping way too many cars in together...

I could say the same

Old 09-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Exubus
Champion

I
I could
I could say
I could say the
I could say the same
Um, you okay? It's just a Chevy... lol

Quick Reply: First Photo Of Detroit's New Muscle Car Threesome!