Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

First Photo Of Detroit's New Muscle Car Threesome!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default First Photo Of Detroit's New Muscle Car Threesome!

http://jalopnik.com/5041442/exclusiv...-car-threesome

Awesome pic, even if the Camaro is butt ugly! Ewww.

Last edited by Midnight SRT; 08-31-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Exubus
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow they need to put a bag over that Camaro's head... I can live with the Stang, and I love the Challenger... but that Camaro front-clip is just fugly.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:06 PM
dakster
Banned

Those people that say they like the new Camaro are just Chevy fan boys that would like a damn turd if it had a bow-tie on it.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Agreed Dakster.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:18 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i saw a new camaro on M59 yesterday wearing the crazy zebra skin...i thought that bob lutz said no more camo camaros?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:44 PM
grungerockjeeper
Veteran

Its about time to see American cars that represent what american cars were meant to be. This is a trio of sweet rides with just the right list of qualifications: 2 doors, rwd, available V-8 muscle and they actually look like CARS, not used bars of soap, marine wildlife, or electric razors. And they have the cajones to back up the pretty faces. Too bad they couldnt set up a decent photo op, maybe park em all beside each other at 45 degree angles or something.

Say what you like, but the new camaro is just what Chevy needs. This and that new Pontiac G8 S/T (whatever you do, dont say El Camino) are the only halfway decent vehicles GM has to offer right now. Its not near as true to the originals as the other 2, but before you complain about the style of the new 'Maro maybe take a good hard look at what was built between '82 and '02. That being said, the Mustang and especially the Chally rock all over it.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Exubus
Champion

Originally Posted by grungerockjeeper
And they have the cajones to back up the pretty faces. Too bad they couldnt set up a decent photo op, maybe park em all beside each other at 45 degree angles or something.
That's the only part that makes me vurp a little bit... I'll give the 'Stang some breathing room, it was one of the first decent retro-styles to be successful and do it clean, but it has that mean-but-too-polished look to it at the same time. That's where the breathing room stops, since the 'Stang will be seriously behind the curve in the under-hood grunt department compared to the Challenger. The Challenger just has the nice wide/long body stance with enough ugly and retro to make it just plain mean and hot for all the right reasons, just like it's predecessors in the Challenger/Barracuda era. The Camaro IMO is just... well, fugly for all the wrong reasons, period.

Maybe I am too biased, being a Dodge fan and all, but in that photo it looks like the Challenger and the Mustang had a kid, then they tore the front end off it and threw a retarded Cadillac front end on it, then someone ran acrossed it from left to right with a chainsaw and threw some headlights in it on the way by... after retreiving the entire car from the prototype re-hash bin that never made it to the NAIAS. I remember old Camaros having a relatively flat front clip, while the sides of the car had nice, relatively sculpted body lines. This new one is the opposite... it's got that pointed Caddy-cue to it in the front and the side-lines offer no excitement at all. Maybe it's just me, but it just doesn't do anything for me at all.

Okay, that's my 5-minute Camaro rant and opinion. Go Challenger

Last edited by Exubus; 09-01-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:53 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Originally Posted by dakster
Those people that say they like the new Camaro are just Chevy fan boys that would like a damn turd if it had a bow-tie on it.
I personally take offense to that, because 2/3's of the Dodge people I know are EXACTLY LIKE THAT!!!!!!!! Throw a damn Dodge/Chrysler badge on it and its the greatest thing since sliced bread.....

The fact that they used the V6 model for the photo op pisses me off, because they should have used an SS model instead....

The new Camaro steals the lines and looks from the first gen Camaro (1967-69) yet blends in newer looks as well. I'm still not 100% loving the front clip myself, but I will own one at some point in the near future. The fact is I grew up loving the Camaro more then any of the other Pony cars, and since I'll never own an original 69, I might as well buy one of these.

It is however a shame that due to current gas prices, GM shelved its plans of putting the ZR1 motor into the Camaro as a Z28.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:34 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Here's one of the V6 RS packages for the new Camaro....and even THIS one looks better then that crap they showed up with...

Another shot of a Camaro, which is believed to be an SS..

Old 09-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dakster
Classic fan boy statement right there "I don't like this so if anyone does they must be a stupid fan boy".

All 3 are great cars and it's great to see them all together. That said I'm really not a fan of the Mustang but hey. The new Camaro does look really sick, they just brought the wrong one (as DevilsReject pointed out).

Quick Reply: First Photo Of Detroit's New Muscle Car Threesome!