Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)
View Poll Results: Do you think that Dodge should be marketing this Nissan as a Dodge?
No. Dodge should build their own vehicles.
25.00%
Yes. Its good for both companies.
58.33%
I dont like it, but dont care as long as they arent sold in the US.
16.67%
I dont see why it matters.
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

What do you think about the new Trazo C1.8 by Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:55 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What do you think about the new Trazo C1.8 by Dodge

You dont know what a Trazo C1.8 by Dodge is? Read about it here!

So, now that youve read about it...what do you think about the versa being rebadged and sold abroad as a dodge?

I know that a great many people are dead set against this, but with the state of the company, I think that any sales are good. Ive driven a Versa a bit, and although they are about as bland as a car can get, for a low end model it wasnt bad...but then again, i own a DSM and a stratus coupe..

Old 10-29-2008, 01:18 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its good for the company, but they atleast should have changed it visually to make it look a tad bit different form the versa.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:51 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

its a hell of a lot better than chrysler being bought out by gm and then being killed by them

Old 10-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They should have built their own, but this is good for now.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:03 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

No way, no how, no Trazo. For 16k there are better cars, like the Fit and yaris. Both have top notch reliability according to True Delta users.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd take the Versa over the Yaris, and I don't consider True Delta very trustworthy...

At any rate I don't see anything wrong with it but they better not do that here... Get Nissan to build the Demon or Hornet and it better be a capable performer.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:58 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Problem #1: Why does it have to use a Nissan I4? Why can't they use the stupid World Engine that they spend money on to make especially when it produces more hp & tq than that thing does?

Problem #2: What is the real difference between that and the Caliber? The Caliber is pretty much in the same class

Problem #3: It isn't competitive. The fuel mileage still stinks, it has less power than a Neon had and the Neon was originally made over 14 years ago.

Problem #4: It is another example of why Chrysler is better off building their own than depending on a foreign manufacturer. If Chrysler would for once actually get one of the good cars from another manufacturer, maybe I'd change my view (get the Altima, loose the CVT and the Nissan I4, and I would take one of those over an Avenger even if they used a VQ since unlike the 3.0L Mitsubishi I actually like the engine).

If Chrysler were to get models from other manufactures that were one of the best in their class and make it their own by using their own engines and transmissions, then I would be okay with it. The problem I have with this is Chrysler generally gets one of the cheaper, junkier models and doesn't use their own technology. That is why I hate them using other manufacturers models.

Chrysler would be better off in my opinion to go to Honda, get the Civic, take out the powertrain and drop in their own and turn it into something interesting with in SRT-4 model. I would rather see this happen with a Mazda 3; however, we all know why that'll never happen, and I'm not going to suggest Toyota as I hate them too much.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Except for the late 70's Colt, Chrysler sold far fewer rebadged Mitsujunkis. I think Nissan makes a good product, but the car HAS to have a total Dodge body and interior. The Eclipse/Stealth/Colt Vista all looked like what they were, disguised Mitsujunkis.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mantisman51
Except for the late 70's Colt, Chrysler sold far fewer rebadged Mitsujunkis. I think Nissan makes a good product, but the car HAS to have a total Dodge body and interior. The Eclipse/Stealth/Colt Vista all looked like what they were, disguised Mitsujunkis.
This is true, though I had nothing against the styling of the Talon/Laser, Stratus/Sebring coupe, or Stealth, I just wanted them to have Chrysler powertrains (which to its credit the 2nd Gen Talon had it in the base model). Also remember how well the Prizm sold for GM. Badge engineering rarely ever works.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:24 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It could be a short term fix here in the states while our friends are Chrysler create their own better version.
I personally like the Caliber myself, even though it doesn't get 50mpg. But then neither does my Ram or Grand Caravan. I don't care. They do what they were designed to do and that's what I got them for.

I say go for it as a short term gap filler here in the states.

Last edited by lxman1; 10-29-2008 at 11:26 PM.

Quick Reply: What do you think about the new Trazo C1.8 by Dodge