Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler says it will close 789 dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:43 AM
jawsdc
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrysler says it will close 789 dealerships

Breaking News: Chrysler says it will close 789 dealerships as part of its bankruptcy restructuring plan.

This certainly seems to support the reasoning behind some of the bargain basement deals we have gotten on our new Dodge vehicles lately. My salesman seemed to think it was going to come down to units moved as opposed to financial viability.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:54 PM
jhedger
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer made the cut, thank goodness, I did not want to use the other dealer across town. Nice thing is, this should get rid of the worst of the dealerships, the none five star dealers and the under-performing ones.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Hdcowboy
Professional

How do you know your dealer made the cut? Is there an actual list somewhere yet??

Old 05-14-2009, 01:26 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some dealer princapals own more more than one chrysler dealer ship in a urban area, so that in its self is not that big of a deal.

What it will do is open the doors too othier makes, not domostic, if the dealer owns the land, made investments in training staff, it will be so easy to add a honda logo in place of the dodge logo, or simply call the new dealer ship 30 feet or 30 seconds warrenty approved used cars.

It will be hard on a small town, but thats the way it was why back when, you were a ford family, GM family, or chrysler family, one of the big three will have to be the top brand in a rual setting, or fly the honda logo.

I doubt thier will be a hugh loss of jobs, if your a mecanic, your a mecanic, the basic princeapal's of the ICBE ore all the same, selling a four door box on wheals is the same as selling a fridge with coasters..

Old 05-14-2009, 01:30 PM
jhedger
Veteran

They covered it on the local news, they had a list of the state wide dealers closeing in kansas.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:33 PM
minex
Veteran

Originally Posted by Hdcowboy
How do you know your dealer made the cut? Is there an actual list somewhere yet??
List of dealerships that will be closing :

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/im...ealerships.pdf

Last edited by minex; 05-15-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:35 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Our paper had a list of local dealers that are getting the axe. The dealer where I bought my truck made it. The one I went to before that told me that the absolutely, positively only way I could get the dual outs was to buy the Big Horn package wasn't so lucky.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:51 PM
HemiRAMV8
Professional

Assuming that the list is of those that didnt make the cut, I see that Wyckoff are on the list. They've been a good source of Mopar parts online for a while. Maybe that's why they are on the $hitlist. Shame.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:01 PM
minex
Veteran

Originally Posted by HemiRAMV8
Assuming that the list is of those that didnt make the cut, I see that Wyckoff are on the list. They've been a good source of Mopar parts online for a while. Maybe that's why they are on the $hitlist. Shame.
yeah, that link is a pdf file with the complete list of dealerships that are closing. I got it from the article on cnn.com.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Ironsides
Professional

Originally Posted by HemiRAMV8
I went there twice this week on lunch breaks in an effort to iron out the iPod integration harness problem.

Their parts department is good, but the actual dealership is tiny. Maybe 25 cars on the lot. And parking is terrible.

Quick Reply: Chrysler says it will close 789 dealerships