Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Charger predicted as a Big Hit for Dodge!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 05:37 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Charger predicted as a Big Hit for Dodge!

manmuscle..a couple questions..
1) what do you drive?
2) did you refer to that modern day intrepid on steroids to a BMW 7 series?!? lol

have you ever been in a 7 series? as much as i love dodges, dodge hasnt made a car that will compare to a 7-anything bimmer in style and quality.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:39 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think so too. You can get a better car for the cash, like the Volvo.

-Matt-

Old 04-21-2005, 06:05 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

i dont think much of anything from dodge can compare to anything from bmw, let alone the 7 series

Old 04-21-2005, 11:40 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really is subjective. I read an article over a year ago that said American cars have surpassed European cars in quality. The thing that gets me about the Euro cars is the cost of keeping them on the road.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: thestealth

Most of the people that can buy a new charger are the ones born in the 60's and 70's....
That's why they made it like this. That's why they made is a 4-door called the Charger. That's why they gave a sedan power.

I spoke to a rep from Dodge a while back. I posted this before. But he said the reason why they did this, is BECAUSE the age range IS 35-55 year olds. Most of these people have familes and kids. A sedan with POWER is what would work for them.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:14 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

I read an article over a year ago that said American cars have surpassed European cars in quality
I just read a magazine about a month ago and they were suggesting the same. All the euro cars received an American car beat-down. A bunch of BS if you ask me.

i dont think much of anything from dodge can compare to anything from bmw, let alone the 7 series
Doesn't that 7 series start in the mid 40's though? The Charger isn't near that much I don't think. Maybe the M3 or Z4 though ..

-Matt-

Old 04-22-2005, 03:55 AM
big asp
Veteran

ORIGINAL: ManMuscle
Nothing but posers and haters on this forum...Now we have the magnum,300 and the charger w/ hemi's and here so called "mopar guys" complaing about doors and nonsense????? disgusting.
Whoa big fella! Slow down. Getting a little worked up aren't we? The name calling just makes you look silly and destroys your credibility. Stop waving your DCX pom poms for a moment.

You'll be hard pressed to find a larger, more dedicated, hardcore crowd of Mopar faithful than those at Mopars at the Strip. It's the biggest all Mopar show in the west in only its third year. Whether they are living in the past or not, these are the very people that some say the new Charger was designed to appeal to. The fact is, in spite of what you may say or think, the new Charger just did not get a good reception at the show. You should have stood next to the car and listened to what people were saying like I did. I didn't hear one positive comment - not one. What I did hear was a lot of people saying that they'd buy a new Mustang before they'd buy the Charger. This is not conjecture, not opinion, it is the way it was. Then again, what do a bunch of hateful, cry baby posers know?

BTW, four doors don't bother me, ugly does. I own a 300C, all four doors of it. It's a great, no, an awesome looking car with tons of power for its class. But, the reality is that my old "poser" Plymouth, my old "poser" Duster when it's done and my new "poser" Ram SRT-10 blow it away. In fact, it's not even close. And, the new Charger is nothing more than an uglier, in my opinion, version of my 300C.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:26 PM
73roadrunner
Captain

Hey I'm 28 with 2 kids and you what, I'd love a four door "muslce" sedan. I gave up on two door cars after my 81 k-car. Yes they look sharp but there is nothing worse then having to get out or slam yourself into the steering wheel to let people in or out!
From what I've read the coupes are on there way out and sedans are the bigger sellers.
Now I have to pick from the Charger, 300C or the Magnum.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As Bob mentioned a while back, there are plans for a coupe version of the Charger to come out. We will have to wait and see. I would love to see Carroll Shelby get his hands on one of the SRT models and take it up another notch and bring back the Shelby Charger!

Old 04-23-2005, 07:17 AM
chrysler/dodge dude
Captain

Cool, I think the Charger is a nice car. I really like the Daytona and SRT-8 models as well as the R/T. I hope it takes off.

Quick Reply: Charger predicted as a Big Hit for Dodge!