Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Chrysler & it's Future

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 10:54 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell that to my 94 Plymouth Acclaim with 162,000 miles and still running like a top-nothing rebuilt. And also tell that to my 1998 Dodge Ram with 136,000 miles and still pulling my 8,000 lb tractor on a 2,000 lb trailer up a 5% grade every weekend-still all original and just a basic 318. How about my 1987 Chrysler LeBaron GTS that I sold with 148,000 miles and it was all original and still running perfectly? There have also been 10 or 12 other Chryslers I've owned and sold in the 100k range with no problems. Designed obsolescence? Not in my Chryslers. But back to the point of the thread, the worry is that if FIAT gains control that Chrysler will become just another European car company with an American name on the fender.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:47 PM
DuallyPatton

I really believe Chrysler will pull through this. I don't believe that Fiat will take over Chrysler. They will probably increase there stake from 20% to about 35% or more. But, I don't think they will take over full force. I don't believe our government will let that happen. I believe that Chrysler will be in a better state than Fiat in the future. The Pentastar will last.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:44 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Hey Pat you got to remember that with Lambo, Chrysler owned them, not the other way around. Facts are facts. The avenger replacement is going to be fiat/alfa based, and most likely fiat built. SHAP will still close at some point. The caliber/patroit/ugly err I mean compass will also be replaced with a fiat/alfa based product, if not just done away with. So what "Chryslers" does that leave? The LX line, minivans, jeep, trucks. The "Ram" brand was created to seperate itself from the dodge brand. I have been told the dodge/jeep/ram brands will be what makes the cut. The Chrysler brand will be replaced with alfa. In 2-5 years chrysler dealers will be selling fiats/alfas. Why else would they want a company with NOTHING coming down the pipeline? They wanted the dealer network, jeeps, minivans, and rams. Daks are to be done in 2012ish.

I still love this company even though I don't work there anymore, and want to see them thrive. I have a lot of friends still there. But lets be honest it still doesn't look good for them.

To Dually,

The government wanted to let chrysler go away. They felt it wasn't worth the effort. So don't count on them to stand in fiats way.

Joe

Old 05-08-2010, 10:58 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

uhhhh. All i can do is hope.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:34 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

After what Dr Z. did to Chrysler, I can understand people being leery of another foreign company taking the reigns!!

Quick Reply: Chrysler & it's Future