Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Anyone Heard of the Bigger HEMI?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 07:00 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Heard of the Bigger HEMI?

The DC Rep told me that the Hemi Charger will have a Twin Turbo option, and that it will be in a class of its own.

Old 05-27-2004, 01:29 PM
georgejetson
Rookie

ORIGINAL: MG42pillbox

The DC Rep told me that the Hemi Charger will have a Twin Turbo option, and that it will be in a class of its own.
What DC rep was this?

That's very, very different from the info that's been coming out elsewhere -- which is basically (for the hi-po Charger) 6.1 Hemi, sport suspension, overall performance comparable to a base C6 Vette, $35k or thereabouts...

Old 05-28-2004, 04:51 AM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

ORIGINAL: georgejetson

What DC rep was this?

That's very, very different from the info that's been coming out elsewhere -- which is basically (for the hi-po Charger) 6.1 Hemi, sport suspension, overall performance comparable to a base C6 Vette, $35k or thereabouts...

Do you talk to DC Representatives regularly? Its one of the privileges we have being a Dealer near the test grounds, They are often here for training. Do you want a specific name to see if you know him personally. And what else would you like to know? People are going to hear all kinds of things. I like to get the info from the horses mouth, not through rumors. Can it still be false? Of Course, Nothing is written in stone until it exists. At First he didnt want to even admit it existed. I will not give his name, I know many reps have had their asses handed to them when info was let out.

Old 05-28-2004, 06:57 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We will probably all be long dead before this mythical car ever comes to actual production. DCX has perviously said the '99 concept was going into production, minus the CNG motor, just to be recanted. And a twin turbo version sounds even more mythical than anything else I've ever heard about it. At least the rumors keep getting more interesting, this poor car keeps getting twisted into a more complex pretzel every time it's mentioned. They're gonna screw it up and make it into crap, that is if it ever sees the light of day. And the myth continues.........[sm=smiley12.gif]

Old 05-28-2004, 04:35 PM
georgejetson
Rookie

Do you talk to DC Representatives regularly? Its one of the privileges we have being a Dealer near the test grounds, They are often here for training. Do you want a specific name to see if you know him personally. And what else would you like to know?
Let's just say I think your rep was misinformed, perhaps deliberately.

Old 05-29-2004, 06:06 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would indeed be a great way in which to smoke out a loose lipped leak. He will probably be fired if they read this, because then they will know exactly who it was.

Quick Reply: Anyone Heard of the Bigger HEMI?