Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Caravan and Grand Caravan SRT6!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 05:21 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Caravan and Grand Caravan SRT6!

I see no difference here between an srt minivan, and an srt magnum. They are both just station wagons people. Nobody is asking for this, so dc just might put one out. They keep answering questions nobody is asking lately!

Joe

Old 11-02-2005, 11:06 AM
HemiMan4451
Champion

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

I could see them doing a very limited production run....say no more then 5000 models.....

There is a slight demand for them, despite what you think... I mean, most men wouldnt be caught dead in a minvan.....but give them the option to outrun a stock mustang in a minivan and I think many of us would take one if we had to....

That said, there's a 95% chance they wont do it....but hey...they did an SRT-8 model wagon.....so a minivan isnt that MUCH of a stretch....not to mention an SRT-4 motored PT Cruiser....
Key words there are "if we HAD to". Which is another reason why I think this rumor is false.

HEMI powered wagon = awesome. SRT-4 powered PT = awesome.

SRT-6 minivan = stupid.

Big difference there...
exactly. this guy is coming up with rumors from nowhere and has no credible information to back it up.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:29 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

What would be his motive then for sharing false information? I don't think he would waste the time to do it.

SRT-4 powered PT = awesome.
The 'loser cruiser' doesn’t deserve an SRT version. The PT has seen its days however, if there is any large competition between the HHR and the PT then go for it.

-Matt-

Old 11-02-2005, 11:49 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

The PT Cruiser already got the SRT version, albeit not in the traditional sense.

They offered the turbo'd SRT-4 motor in the PT Cruiser in both the 4dr and 2dr convertible. I actually test drove the convertible turbo model.....it's got some serious pep in it....

Old 11-02-2005, 04:10 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

What would be his motive then for sharing false information? I don't think he would waste the time to do it.

SRT-4 powered PT = awesome.
The 'loser cruiser' doesn’t deserve an SRT version. The PT has seen its days however, if there is any large competition between the HHR and the PT then go for it.

-Matt-
my point is, where is any proof of these rumors at all? this guy also said dodge is coming out with a "7.2 hemi" to put in the cars that has 4 valves per cylinder. i dunno where he is getting this from, but it sounds like its not true. show me some credible info and then ill believe.

Old 11-03-2005, 12:48 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

i wanna see some proof to all these claims

i can say i "heard" DC is puttin this engine in this and that engine in that but wheres the proof?

Old 11-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Dartman69
Veteran

Man! Those vans would receive my endorsement. Somehow I doubt they would be produced, but who knows? lol

I think there would actually be a good market for factory performance minivans. Unlesss I'm mistaken, turbo minivans have quite a cult following down in California. This could be the next big craze! A few years back (before Fast and the Furious), sport compact tuning was the farthest thing from mainstream. Now, there's more sport compact than muscle car magazines. It could happen guys and gals...

Old 11-03-2005, 06:02 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

i can say i "heard" DC is puttin this engine in this and that engine in that but wheres the proof?
That's where the rumor part of the forum comes in, but I get your point. A little background on this guy. He has a cousin who aparently works at some Dodge plant in Michigan.

http://chryslerforum.com/m_2345/mpag...y_/tm.htm#2468

-Matt-

Old 11-03-2005, 09:49 PM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

the vortech thingy, ok, it's not connected to dodge by any means, apc customized it not dodge, i'm just interested in the SRT6 minivan idea

Old 11-07-2005, 01:06 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another point of view, at today's rising gas prices, I'd bet if this Minivan ever get produced, the performance figures would be very comparable to the Magnum but problaby get way better mileage? Plus it can haul more stuff. I'd trade in my Durango R/T for this one in terms of keeping a family hauler and problaby get way better MPG's.

Quick Reply: Caravan and Grand Caravan SRT6!