Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

I spy GM being a copycat!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 01:54 AM
b3nzyme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I spy GM being a copycat!!

this really makes me sick when people take ideas from others. just look at their crappy version of the dodge ram interior. im glad they made it crappy tho cus GM sucks.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/p...ad.php?t=30664

UPDATE:

click this link to see the front of it. look at the big grille.what other company do i know of whose trucks are known for big grilles?dodge of course.

click here exterior photo

Old 05-20-2006, 01:57 AM
b3nzyme
Default RE: I spy GM being a copycat!!

'cept without the white gauges. kind of a big coincidence tho. gm--known for having the same boring interior for years finally changes it and wammo, what does it remind you of?

Old 05-20-2006, 11:55 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: b3nzyme

UPDATE:

click this link to see the front of it. look at the big grille.what other company do i know of whose trucks are known for big grilles?dodge of course.

click here exterior photo
Got news for ya, but Chevy has been doing the big grille look for quite a while....not to mention the Cadillac Escalade's huge grille. Since you also cant see how big that grille is under that cover, its premature to make conclusions. Looks just like the 07 Tahoe so far...

Old 05-21-2006, 12:29 PM
b3nzyme

oh im sorry? GM has always had that HUGE grille that takes up 90% of their front end on all of their pickups. I'm just blind and stupid.

BTW you have never anything nice to say. I see your replies on forums and you are a dodge hater.[:'(]

oh and yes i can see how big the grille is under the cover cus of where the horizontal lines end on both ends and the headlights on both sides. WTF . well maybe my computer's brightness is high or something idk. but i just dont get how you can NOT see it?

Old 05-21-2006, 12:36 PM
b3nzyme

just as soon asdodge finds way to do anything new and good looking, likeperhaps incorporating the swept-forward charger grille into the rams or doing something new to its hood or something, if it looks good and sells well, theni bet you it wont be long andsomeone else will be doing it too.but we're just stupid. what do we dodge owners know?

Old 05-21-2006, 12:48 PM
b3nzyme

just as soon asdodge finds way to do anything new and good looking, likeperhaps incorporating the swept-forward charger grille into the rams or doing something new to its hood or something, if it looks good and sells well, theni bet you it wont be long andsomeone else will be doing it too.but we're just stupid. what do we dodge owners know?
yes i'm going to quote myself. i know its almost like the facts of life or business or something, but all that does is show desperation on GM's part. And its more likely a threat to dodge because silverado is probably going to "copy" and "paste" more of dodge's features into its truck.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:43 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

oh im sorry? GM has always had that HUGE grille that takes up 90% of their front end on all of their pickups. I'm just blind and stupid.

BTW you have never anything nice to say. I see your replies on forums and you are a dodge hater.[:'(]

oh and yes i can see how big the grille is under the cover cus of where the horizontal lines end on both ends and the headlights on both sides. WTF . well maybe my computer's brightness is high or something idk. but i just dont get how you can NOT see it?
I am not a Dodge hater. I am honest about my feelings and opinions on the vehicles DC puts out. I am ENTITLED to dislike or hate things since I am a customer. Just because I hate the looks of something doesnt mean I hate Dodge or Chrysler.

Secondly, that Silverado will look JUST like the Tahoe currently does in the front end. I'm glad that you are blessed with x-ray vision and can see what the rest of us cant. You can see a VAGUE outline of the front end....but you have no idea how big or how wide it is. Also, if anyone is copying Dodge, it's Ford. Chevy has been using a flat front with a grill that covers most of it for the last 3 models.....fist styling vs. flat front end....hmmmmm

[IMG]local://upfiles/19085/884985D2A5564AD8A7AF73AB38345459.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-22-2006, 01:27 AM
b3nzyme

this is the picture i presented (if having problems, right click and "show picture")

and here is it outlined. (and yes i am a pathetic outliner, i have a non-ball mouse and it was hard to do lol)
oh yea and i also have the double-headlights on both sides outlined too

I don't think it looks like that tahoe COMPLETELY. it may have more similarities, but all i see is the front end and interior, of which remind me of my truck a little too much. After 2007 I'll respect Ford more than Chevy for being independent.

Old 05-22-2006, 01:45 AM
b3nzyme

And to the public....

if he is not the only one who can't see it, let me know and i will see if i can brighten the picture's resolution up so everyone can see it.

no hard feelings, devil reject, i guess it was the avatar flipping me off that made me a little angry. lol.not something fun to look at.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:50 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Chevy's doing a terrific job with their interior restyling, however it STILL looks outdated. Our 2000 Jeep looks similar to the Chevy. They need to get with the program...get with 2007.

Quick Reply: I spy GM being a copycat!!