Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Smart car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:03 AM
ANDREWJB2006
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart car?

Is the smart car have its own name. or have a dodge or chrysler badge on it?

They are very weird looking cars[&:]

Old 07-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Default RE: Smart car?

whats a smart car?

Old 07-26-2006, 06:19 PM
ANDREWJB2006
Default Smart car link

This is the link for info on the smart car.
http://www.smart.com/-snm-0155318764.../Default-Start

Old 07-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Default RE: Smart car link

thanks for the link but i dont know anything about the car. the website wasnt very helpful either. i guess if its a smart car it will have advanced computer systems and the like but the website didnt give any info on that. and the car is also uuuuugly. i couldnt imagine many ppl here in america wanting to buy that car. ive seen lots of european cars that look similiar so i guesss that might be the style in europe but i just dont see it catchin on in america. of course im ignorant so ppl might love it. i could definantly see somebody who liked futuristic looking things and futuristic technology (assuming that it has such stuff that could be labeled as futuristic but again the website didnt mention anything) going for this car as it will definantly stand out in a crowd. and imagine how easy it will be to parallel park that thing!

Old 07-27-2006, 09:45 AM
DCXgageman
Veteran

I saw one yesterday with Ontario plates. It only used half a lane. I don't know if I could much in it beyond a lunch box. My PT looked like a mid-size next to that thing.

As far as the Smart name, I think it has more to do with marketing over the level of tech. in the car. I don't know how they are priced but I have heard that in Europe it is considerd a little expensive for it's class.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:27 AM
motopimp

I have heard multiple people in the general public sector stating they thought the rumored pricing seemed high for what it is. I don't think they realize that ABS ESP and a bunch of other alphabet soup is included with the car. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on one, have thought about grey-marketing one from Canada for a couple years now. I recently noticed the cdi version (diesel, 60 some mpg) is now only available in the home market, that's really to bad imho.

Further they are only expected to be offered in select markets (at least initially) when they do make it here. I would expect they will probably do well on the left coast.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:55 AM
DCXgageman
Veteran

The one I saw was cdi. I was not sure if it was diesel, now I know. Seemed quiet, top and radio were both up though. I know little about them, other than they are supposed to get great mileage and easy to park.

A co-worker has a friend that claims there is a guy in Gross Pointe (I think) that imports grey market smart cars. He saw 3 on a 1-ton truck style car hauler and asked about them. Sorry that is about all I remember. I'll find him and see if I can get info, if you'd like?

Old 07-27-2006, 04:45 PM
SinceOne
Rookie

i saw one of these a couple of days ago.

looked like this... it was a company car tho.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:48 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ANDREWJB2006

Is the smart car have its own name. or have a dodge or chrysler badge on it?

They are very weird looking cars[&:]
Huh? I'm not sure how to reply...

Smart is part of the Mercedes Group of DaimlerChrysler...

Old 07-30-2006, 02:09 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: motopimp
Further they are only expected to be offered in select markets (at least initially) when they do make it here. I would expect they will probably do well on the left coast.
They're already available here...or at least they WERE at one point at select dealers. I'm not sure if they will be in the future. They're selling VERY poorly, and currently are down to only 1 model....they used to have 3 or 4. In fact, Chrysler considered dumping it's stake in SMART a few years back due to poor sales and a few lawsuits.

Quick Reply: Smart car?