Charger SRT-8 That thing got a Hemi? Indeed, a 6.1L Hemi that is. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 pounds the pavement with severe power.

Rotor Scoring?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 AM
Mullens
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotor Scoring?

I have just over 1600 miles on the car, and all the rotors are slightly scored. I drive very conservatively. I dont have any of the brake squeal I have read about, just the scoring. Is this normal for these brakes? Any responses are appreciated.
Thanks, Joe

Old 08-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Dartman69
Veteran
Default RE: Rotor Scoring?

All of us SRT-8 owners have experienced rotor scoring with our stock rotors. If you want an instant fix, just stop by your dealer and have them replace your stock rotors with the TSB replacement slotted rotors.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:02 PM
nanamary

i took my csrt8 to the dealer yesterday. he said they would replace rotors, but that the front ones were the only ones avaliable. does anyone know when the rear will be avaliable? he told me to wait and they would replace at one time

Old 08-25-2006, 06:03 AM
Mullens

I pulled up the TSB and have an appointment next week to get the new slotted rotors. I called parts first to make sure they had them. They told me the front ones will be in but they can't get the rears for soem reason. I'm just going to have the fronts installed and let them order the rears for whenever they can get them.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:57 AM
skator

I've replaced the rotors twice already. The dealership has the front slotted rotors but waiting on the rears. This will make the third time the brakes have been done. I have had my SRT since Feb also have the RT w/hemi.

Has anyone had the problem with their rt shifting between 30 and 40? Theres no computer error according to the dealership. If you punch it. It seems to hesitate between this speed and feels like its died. My thought is the engine shifting from the 4 to 8. I've heard about problems with this kind of engine.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:41 AM
roadbone

The dealer I've been dealing at won't even acknowledge there is an update available....And when I ask about the grinding noise in the front they say well it must be the tire(which is square due to the alignment being out which they covered???)

Old 09-02-2006, 02:34 PM
poncherello

When I bought my Charger it already had the slotted rotors on it from the factory. Mine was made in mid July.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:20 AM
Mullens

Hey Road, your dealer is an idiot. I got my fronts replaced and they will call me when the rears are in. Go to the below website and print out TSB 05-006-06 then give it to the service manager. Don't let them screw you around.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tsb...lx-models.html

Old 10-05-2006, 11:23 PM
vantageid

I got the replacement slotted rottor about a month and a half ago, both front and rear. The funny thing was I went to go pick up the car and they actually put standard rotors back on!? They were a bit embarassed when I pointed out their mistake. Anyway, the slotted ones which they finally put on are still scoring.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Mullens

The rears are finally in. They go on Thursday. You said the new ones score also?

Quick Reply: Rotor Scoring?