Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

Has anyone tried FW1 waterless wash/wax stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 04:35 PM
deadly milkman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried FW1 waterless wash/wax stuff?

..does anyone know if this stuff is any good?

http://fw1shine.com/index.php?main_p...&products_id=1

I have a few cans but I'm kind of skeptical to use it.. I've read on other forums through googling that some people say it's great and others say it's bad for your pain in the long run (most of these people seemed to have not tried it).. I still don't know whether I want to try it on my truck or not.

Anyone here use it before?

Does it do anything to the existing wax on my truck already? Take it off or something?

Last edited by deadly milkman; 11-12-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:51 AM
cwjames

I have tried it and probably would not use it on my entire vehicle but I did use it on chrome, the black trim and rubber on my vehicles. it does an awesome job making the trim and rubber shine. It can also be used as a cleaner and will take off dried bugs pretty easy along with a lot of the dingy film on ur headlights covers. Just spray it on and let it soak for a minute and clean off.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:59 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I dont like any waterless car wash applications. Im old school and just dont see it as being good. I need lots of water when i wash mine but thats just me.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:54 PM
ShocK
Rookie

I understand that there are advancements in paint care every year, some good some not so good, I too am old school when it comes to using water to wash a car. I would not risk the damage from the friction created by washing my car without water. Water's cheaper, safer and readily available.
For me the waterless stuff would fall in the catagory of those things not to do to your paint.
http://ibc34.com/ALIEN_LIQUID/2010/1...ainted-finish/

Old 11-20-2010, 10:46 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not trust anything that is waterless. Friction is not good for paint and that includes air as it travels uo the hood of the vehicle,
FF

Old 11-29-2010, 07:58 AM
cwjames

I agree and actaully had washed my vehicle before using it on the dried on bugs, chrome and trim.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:54 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not advocating using the mentioned product, but being afraid of things without water is a bit...much. You all do realize the car soap, that is added to the water, is what makes it safe to use on the paint, yes? QD spray? Same idea and so on.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:57 PM
ShocK
Rookie

Originally Posted by darthroush
I'm not advocating using the mentioned product, but being afraid of things without water is a bit...much. You all do realize the car soap, that is added to the water, is what makes it safe to use on the paint, yes? QD spray? Same idea and so on.
Not sure what you're saying here.
What makes what safe to use on paint?
Are you saying water makes car soap safe to use on paint? If so I agree.
You couldn't use soap to clean a car without water.
Or are you saying car soap makes water safe to use on paint?
You would have to explain that a little better for me to understand what you mean.
Also I don't believe that a QD would be the same idea.
OQ are used on a relatively clean body.
They generally add a shine by leaving a thin film on the paint.
You are not saying you would wash a car with a QD are you?.
Additionally I don't think "being afraid of things without water" is as much a issue as wanting to avoid unecessary friction on the paint.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:08 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Car soap combined with water makes washing the paint the safest due to the provided lubrication, not just the water alone (being afraid of things without water). Car soap is what provides the necessary lubrication. Water is safe on paint, obviously, but without soap you run a much greater chance of swirling and scratching the paint. Hence, why suds are not an indicator of a quality soap.

QD products shouldn't be leaving any film on the paint, but yes, it's the same idea. There are ingredients in them that provide the necessary lubrication. It's not just water in a fancy bottle.

I agree, which is why I said it. Simply not using something because it isn't mixed into a bucket of water is silly. As long as the necessary lubrication is there, all is well. QD and waterless washes are a perfect example of this

Old 12-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Bunky
Rookie

I use rinseless wash products like Optimum No Rinse on lightly dirty cars. It is quite safe. I have never used a waterless on an entire car but I do them for spot cleaning like on jambs, cleaning bug/bird bombs, etc.

BTW, the rinseless and waterless products are water based. They have friction reducing ingredients along with cleaning agents. Some include ingredients to increase slickness like a detail spray and gloss.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried FW1 waterless wash/wax stuff?