Dodge Avenger This forum hosts discussion areas for both the 95-00 and 08-14 Dodge Avenger Coupes and Sedan

Is $300 a reasonable price to pay for replacing gas line on Dodge Avenger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2019 | 03:11 AM
Lola11
|
Default Is $300 a reasonable price to pay for replacing gas line on Dodge Avenger?

Hello, I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger and recently found a gas leak underneath the car, I took it to a garage and they said it was a gas line and it would cost at least $300 to replace the line. They said they had to get the line from a Dodge dealer also. I just wondered if this is a reasonable price to pay for replacing a gas line. I looked up gas lines and realize they don't cost so much but thought maybe the job itself was very complicated and that is the reason for the $300 price estimate? Other people have told me they have replaced lines and it is not such a job but maybe a Dodge Avenger is different? I don't have any idea if this is a reasonable price and I am just trying to figure if I am getting ripped off or if I should try to get the car to another garage. I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Old 07-11-2019 | 05:11 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
It will probably take a couple of hours or so to do the job. Most shops charge, on average, somewhere between $75 to $125 an hour for labor, so if that includes the parts, that's not outrageous.

Quick Reply: Is $300 a reasonable price to pay for replacing gas line on Dodge Avenger?