Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

door hinge problem

Old 01-18-2013, 04:42 PM
shadow4md
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

I know this is an old post but the same thing just happened to my car. It is a 2008. I have not taken it in yet to see if it's covered.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Good luck

Old 04-28-2013, 05:12 PM
JessicaDoll
Thumbs down Door won't close

I am having the same problem. First it would be difficult to close my front drivers side door. Now i can't close the door at all! I also have a 2008. I hope there is a recall or warranty for this because shouldn't have to replace a car door on a car that's only 5 yrs old.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

It's a hinge problem, you shouldn't have to replace the door.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Bob Eccles
Default Caliber door hinge

I'm on the third time my 2008 Caliber's driver's side door hinge has given out. Don't recall whether I paid for it to be fixed before, but I don't think so. Big ol' pain in the butt, though.

When this happens, the door gets stuck under the quarter panel and bends it and scrapes the paint, too.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:50 PM
irishnomad
Default Driver Side Door Hinge

I have an 07 Caliber and my driver side door hinge just broke Saturday! The spring actually came out and all. I went to a shop and they said it is the hinge and that something is bent. He thinks the door might also need fixing since it isn't shutting and is off so he recommended me to a body shop. I'm close to 90k so I'm definitely not on warranty anymore. After reading this, i'm worried about how much it's going to cost.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:58 PM
dhirvish1

Exact same thing happened to me. 2008 R/T. I am also at 90k+ miles and I highly doubt it's under warranty. Dealership I called said its an autobody repair and refered me to an autobody shop. Guy there said he would just try and pop it back into place tomorrow for free and so I'm doubting, but hopeful, that we won't have to replace the part. A parts website said it was the "Hinge Assembly, Lower Left Door".

The warning sign seems to be the creaking that everyone is meantioning. I'm hoping I don't have any body damage like the others mentioned, didn't have time to check this morning when I parked.

I know it was posted in 2011, but I tried going to the Dodge site and checking for a recall like a previous poster said, and that feature doesn't exist anymore. Couldn't see what she said was on the front page, also tried searching for "recall" and "caliber" and got no results. The page seems to be completely focused on sales, no service.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Rardo
Default Traded it in!

My caliber driver door did the same thing. The spring snapped and the door misaligned and bent the front fender. When the passenger side started the same thing I knew it was time to dump it! Traded it in for a Mazda3. Done with dodge! Good luck everyone!

Old 12-08-2013, 09:05 AM
irishnomad

Originally Posted by irishnomad
I have an 07 Caliber and my driver side door hinge just broke Saturday! The spring actually came out and all. I went to a shop and they said it is the hinge and that something is bent. He thinks the door might also need fixing since it isn't shutting and is off so he recommended me to a body shop. I'm close to 90k so I'm definitely not on warranty anymore. After reading this, i'm worried about how much it's going to cost.

Update: went to a shop, who recommended an auto body shop. Had my car down there a couple days later and he popped the spring back in, said the door was slightly off and had to fix that since it wasn't closing properly. Only $80. I was expecting much worse, so I'm very pleased. On the other hand, he said all my hinges are going bad, and his repair is a temporary fix and that they need to be greased regularly to help them last longer. I love my car but I'll definitely be looking into getting a new car ASAP.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:40 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: door hinge problem